The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Think of One by Allan Kronzek (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
ipe
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2020, kollo wrote:
Ipe,

would you please tell us why you prefer "Think of one" over "Think and Sync" and "AK47"?

Hi Kollo,

As I wrote in the other thread, I prefer TAS over AK47 because:

1) In TAS, the needed peek is more stealth. Sometimes it is almost like nothing is needed here.
2) I prefer to work with a complete deck like in TAS. This is subtle, but someone can later say the performer could estimate the number of removed cards looking at the deck.
3) In TAS, the end is more straightforward method-wise so easier for the performer.
4) I prefer, I think it is more justified, the spectator removes a random number of cards to generate a random card (like in TAS) rather than to create a value in mind and then, only for commitment, remove that number of cards from the deck (like in AK47).

Regarding (1), it is still true that TAS has a more stealth peek, but I really like how TOO handles this point: it feels organic and it adds something to the presentation.

Regarding (2), I would prefer to work with a complete deck (avoiding the estimation hypothesis), but I think the other pros outweigh this con.

Regarding (3), I found the end of TOO to be easy enough to manage it without any problem.

Regarding (4), I still think that is more justified to use the random generator explanation instead of the commitment one. But in TOO you don't have only the commitment explanation, but you have the locating explanation too (even if the packet in the card case is smaller... I think this is an irrelevant point for the spectator).

Beside, when I read on paper the "mate strategy" used in TAS and AK47, I really liked the idea. But practicing it with real people, I found that they don't much like one of the two outs. The locating explanation is very good from a presentation point of view, but also method-wise because it removes the (for me) weak mate strategy.

Quote:
One could state in "AK47" you put every single time a physical card for revelation on the table. This is not the case with "Think of one".

You can always do a physical revelation also in TOO, if you want.

Quote:
Question to all:
Does a physical revelation hits harder than a spoken revelation???

I think it really depends on how you do that. In general, I really like to commit myself with a physical evidence, then ask the secret information to the spectator and then reveal the physical evidence. But I think there is room for different revelations, even just to vary the spectators' experience.
What would a real mindreader do?
kollo
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of kollo
Thank you very much, ipe!
PaulGee
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of PaulGee
Thanks to ipe for those thoughts regarding TAS VS. AK47 VS. TOO.
ipe
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of ipe
Kollo, PaulGee, you're welcome. Smile
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1295 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
This is a convoluted fishing trip. just like its similar ak47, etc. The Magic Café is a partner with Penguin magic. IF you speak the truth,
they will delete you. NO truth or freedom of speech here. I hope they are happy with their average of like 30 people online at a time.

I do this in a professional way. No fishing. No questions needed on the card. No counting no bs. But the MC has to fool you and want you to always buy the latest tomfoolery. So the MC is here to fool magicians basically.
To remain in mediocre magic. And to agree how wonderful it is. I really don't care if they ban me. because this site is not worthy of
a great magician's posts.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2386 Posts

Profile of 252life
That last line got me. Yet I continue to post anyway Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
ipe
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of ipe
After more thinking, I came up with an hybrid version between "Think of One" and "Think and Sync". So I can take what I like from both TOO and TAS.

Here my explanation: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&start=8
mshanker
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, KY
90 Posts

Profile of mshanker
Think of One creates a miracle. The "fishing" people have mentioned is minimal and is really part of the banter between the performer and the audience member. I haven't read Allan Kronzek's book, but am quite happy that he collaborated with Penguin to present this borrowed deck miracle.
Manoj
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2386 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2020, mshanker wrote:
Think of One creates a miracle. The "fishing" people have mentioned is minimal and is really part of the banter between the performer and the audience member. I haven't read Allan Kronzek's book, but am quite happy that he collaborated with Penguin to present this borrowed deck miracle.

I agree. It’s a great effect and disarming. I picked up the book on sale and it has some other good effects but this one is my favorite.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Having looked at TOO, TAS and AK47, Think and Sync has less fishing and can result in miracle result as well. Happened about 1/2 the time for me. Other half just play it like Carey and still pretty decent. Fewer steps. Also a false shuffle during fish helps I think.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1910 Posts

Profile of Platt
Having picked up a bunch of junk drawer hype lately, I want to put in another great word for this. If you're looking for truly shocking anytime, anywhere routine, this is it. You will fool many with this one.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Think of One by Allan Kronzek (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL