The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » John Mendoza has passedI (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5331 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have just heard that my longtime friend John Mendoza has died after a long period of ill health. He was Magic Café's own Runawayjag,

There is little to say other than the past four or five months were particularly rough on him and his family. He'll always be remembered for his brilliant Cups and Balls routine (a first done with the then new Combo cups put out by Morrissey Magic in Canada). I will always remember the help, advice, tips, and wisdom he shared with me.

Rest In Peace my friend. You will be missed.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2685 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Sad to hear. The last email he sent out didn't seem like he was very well and he was aware he didn't have long.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
532 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I am so sorry to hear this news. I long admired and trusted John as a most respected dealer of antiquarian magic. He was always willing to answer complicated questions about old props and provide performance tips and hints. His special and unique presentational subtleties were always appreciated. One of a kind for sure.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1107 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I did some magic business with him last summer. He was very gracious and helpful with a question I had pertaining to a sophisticated piece of magic. It was a pleasure knowing him even if it was only online. R.I.P. good sir.
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
819 Posts

Profile of e-man
Sad news indeed 🙏
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2731 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I remember one of his last emails. He mentioned how he had to have his beloved cat euthanized and how much she had meant to him. And now he is gone, too. It's so sad. RIP, John.

Ron
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1427 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
That's so sad. He was one of my heroes. I hope he went peacefully.
WingChun
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of WingChun
I knew John through some trheads and PMs. He was kind and helpful to me. The quality of his magic leaves no doubts. Another star has reached the Greats of the past. R.I.P. John. Condolences to the family.
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
331 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
Sad news indeed. Hopefully his books will come around again.
MagicMason
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of MagicMason
I remember meeting him at the Eagle Magic Store in Minneapolis in the late 70's. I bought his "Book of John" and always loved his computer deck trick. At the store he was playing with some billiard balls and I was awestruck at his sleight of hand ability! Smooth as silk. Truly a gifted close up performer. He will be missed!
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
672 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Loved his dvds and had a few chats with him on the Café. His dvds taught me a lot.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1346 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Although I only saw him on dvd, I learned a lot from his magic presentation...he disarmed his audience with humor and charm. My favorite is his chop cup routine; and getting the audience to gasp and laugh at the same time. Condolences to friends and family. Lynn
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Sad news. May God bless his loved ones.Glenn
This is my 18 th year on being a member of the cafe.
dustrod
View Profile
New user
Western Wisconsin, USA, Earth
97 Posts

Profile of dustrod
I learned a lot from his DVDs. He was one of my favorites to learn from. Sad.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » John Mendoza has passedI (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL