The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Christopher Carter LIVE (Penguin LIVE) (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark Timon
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
He is a PRO with capital letters, his opinion is gospel to the working or/and aspiring to be professional mentalist.
The fact that there was not a single Topic about his lecture makes me wonder why and the state of the magic Café.

Check it out, it's worth your money.

Regards
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Agreed, one of those performers not widely known in the Magic community. However always working (virus permitting!) Well worth you’re money.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5021 Posts

Profile of landmark
Christopher Carter used to be a regular poster to this board many years ago.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1430 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
His 3 Billet Routine is an absolutely fantastic effect. Three billets, three pencils, 10 minutes of pure entertainment that fills the auditorium. This alone is worth 10 times the price of the lecture. Love it!
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of BCE
His p**k looks an awful lot like I** R*****'s - which was also covered on a Penguin lecture. I distinctly remember that because I'm left-handed and surprised no credit was given.
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
991 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2020, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
His 3 Billet Routine is an absolutely fantastic effect. Three billets, three pencils, 10 minutes of pure entertainment that fills the auditorium. This alone is worth 10 times the price of the lecture. Love it!

Yep, it's a great routine.
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6429 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
It was a fantastic lecture! Every routine was a worker. And yes, his 3 billet routine was amazing!!

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3418 Posts

Profile of Looch
Christophers act reminds us all how important it is the engage with the audience. Everything he does and says is considered and polished over 30 years of real world experience. What a treat it was to watch and learn from him. Forget the tricks, for me its all about the interaction and engagement with the audience. A masterclass! Smile
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1934 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Outstanding lecture! On my short list of top 5 mentalism lectures ever. Such a delight to watch a performer as smooth, polished and entertaining as Christopher.
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of dyoung
BCE - What part of it looks like Ian's? If you're a leftie, i.e. the kinda person who holds the deck in the right hand, then you can't do the classic p**k that Mr. Carter does, and so Ian devised a handling to overcome that, which he included in his Penguin lecture.

All the best,
Dan
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
...and, he's a ***ed nice guy too! Got to spend a little time with him at a workshop a couple of years ago.
psychicbartender
View Profile
New user
Waukesha
7 Posts

Profile of psychicbartender
Great guy... great material... I wasn't a fan of the 3 billets though. psychometry and finding the correct person isn't psychic to me, just a trick. Why is everyone even a guy who has a pk broo, pretending like its psychological and not psychic?
psychicbartender
View Profile
New user
Waukesha
7 Posts

Profile of psychicbartender
Great guy... great material... I wasn't a fan of the 3 billets though. psychometry and finding the correct person isn't psychic to me, just a trick. Why is everyone even a guy who has a pk broo, pretending like its psychological and not psychic?
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2020, psychicbartender wrote:

But he presented it as body language reading, which in my humble opinion,
doesn’t come across as a trick
Christophercarter
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of Christophercarter
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2020, corindaman wrote:

But he presented it as body language reading, which in my humble opinion,
doesn’t come across as a trick

The point of that routine, for me, is to dramatize a progression from observational skills to mind reading, the implication being that I have to warm up in order to get to the point where I can transcend the psychological. I use that approach throughout the show and think it helps give a sense of forward momentum.

I've never understood the dichotomy between psychological and psychic when it comes to mentalism effects, and think audiences can easily imagine that there's a continuum from one to the other. At the very least that's how I present it.

I never claim that everything is done through psychology and I don't claim that everything is psychic.
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of corindaman
More to the point, can we see some more of your excellent work, I for one will be first in the queue for any future releases!
JackThomson
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of JackThomson
I loved this lecture!

I loved his presentation style. He's an incredibly entertaining pro and it's worth picking this up just for that. I do wish this had been filmed in one long Penguin Act style so we could have truly seen how his show flowed but I completely get that it wasn't possible this year.

To anyone who says mentalism is boring, I'd point you in the direction of Christopher Carter who makes a living performing for easily distracted college kids. Not only that but he has them laughing all the way too.

Highly recommended!
Sharktale
View Profile
New user
Ukraine
31 Posts

Profile of Sharktale
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2020, JackThomson wrote:
I loved this lecture!

I loved his presentation style. He's an incredibly entertaining pro and it's worth picking this up just for that. I do wish this had been filmed in one long Penguin Act style so we could have truly seen how his show flowed but I completely get that it wasn't possible this year.

To anyone who says mentalism is boring, I'd point you in the direction of Christopher Carter who makes a living performing for easily distracted college kids. Not only that but he has them laughing all the way too.

Highly recommended!

Totally agree with every single word!!!
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3364 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Forget the latest expensive trick wallets and effects sold through pretend Hollywood trailers. This is what young mentalists should be studying. A brilliant stage performer who understands his audience and is in complete control of his art.

I didn't necessarily love all of the effects -the pk broom handle was...er...unusual!?! But some of the routining and subtleties in the other effects were magnificent. I wanted to stand and applaud, and I was only watching it on my tablet in my front room.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1934 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Just watched this lecture again. The Three Billet routine is so good. And the b***** s***** taught is one of the best I’ve ever seen.
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Christopher Carter LIVE (Penguin LIVE) (11 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL