The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Framing the Queen by Fairmagic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Link:

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S29550

Description:

A playing card is shown from both sides. The spectator initials the face of this card. Performer tears out two small rectangles from the inside of the card. One of these rectangular tear-outs has its center removed to create a little frame, which is freely shown. Magician folds this little frame over the center beam of the larger card frame and suddenly the little frame clearly hangs from the center beam of the larger frame. How did it get on there? This card, with linked little frame, can be handed out or given away as souvenir.

The performance is easy and does not require any complicated sleight-of-hand ability. To prepare the effect you will need to spend some time with arts and crafts. Once proficient in the preparation you can prepare a gimmick in about 5 minutes.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I recently downloaded this. I am a big fan of linking card routines, and I have several. This one is the closest I have come to the Holy Grail of card link effects. I love that it uses just one card from beginning to end. I also love that you hand out an amazing souvenir. Really good.

KJ
JETlivesOn
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of JETlivesOn
Very quirky effect but I like it. I wonder how truly inspectable it is in the spectator's hands. I guess it depends on how good the magician is with making gimmicks
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
It does require making a gimmick. If you are not into making gimmicks, then skip it. If you are ok with making a gimmick, then you can probably make it just fine. At the end of the effect, you can give out the impossibly linked card as a souvenir.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Many thanks for interesting in my new effect. I also know about 12 Different Linking Card effects. After put about 4 different Linking Card effects on the market I think this was my best Linking Card effect. Many thanks! Ralf
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
How long does it take to make the gimmick?
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
About 3 to 4 Minutes. If you made some you will get quicker. Its realy easy.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Thanks.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Yikes. I got bored and picked this up. Very creative method but way too much DIY for me.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Hey Ralf, this looks great! Like a cross between Ben Williams' OCL (One Card Link) and Sylvain Mirouf's Osmosis from Art of Astonishment.

Can anyone comment if this is a similar amount of DIY as OCL? That's about my upper limit for arts and crafts. Thanks.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Hi Scott. Not so hard as OCL by Ben Williams. Best Regards! Ralf
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I tried this a few times. Both times, I made two gimmicks, did a riffle force of two cards and gave them a choice of either
of the cards they cut to. The reactions were pure astonishment.

It takes me just a few minutes to make a gimmick, and I'm always looking for something to do with older decks. This is perfect because you can easily make gimmicks using old decks. In fact, some of the other linking card effects can't be done with old decks.

Very happy with this.

KJ
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Many thanks! Glad you like it!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
Yikes. I got bored and picked this up. Very creative method but way too much DIY for me.

Any time you are going to be able to hand out a linked card, that means DIY. It takes me around 3 minutes to make a gimmick, less time than it takes to toast bread.

KJ
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
BTW: A Variation of Framing the Queen is avaible soon with a real Banknote where you end totaly clean.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Here a Variation of Framing the Queen with a real Banknote. https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14192 https://www.lybrary.com/framing-washington-p-923932.html
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I watched the trailer for the bill portion, and all I could think about was how many other people handled that bill before you put it in your mouth? Covid!

Looks good. I'm thinking that the problem with doing it with a bill is that the bill doesn't have multiple layers like a card, so I don't think it is quite as examinable or sturdy as the card version.

KJ
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Hi again. You learn how to split a real Banknote. So its realy examinable:-)
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
BTW. A Bill has also two layers. So you learn how to split it:-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Framing the Queen by Fairmagic (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL