The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Erudite Magic: Resigned to Miracles (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Today's the day! I released my book review of the latest from Hermetic Press and Penguin Magic.

Not only do I review the book, but I share some life-changing advice for card magicians that came to me while I was reviewing this book. You won't want to miss what I am sharing❗ I believe it has the power change your card magic for the better.

Let me know your thoughts on the book, the advice, or the review - thanks for watching!

https://youtu.be/gJsj2fTkSQ4
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Excellent overview of this book. I wasn’t that interested previously but now I am! I can already picture the possibilities for a casual performer like myself.
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2020, mayniac wrote:
Excellent overview of this book. I wasn’t that interested previously but now I am! I can already picture the possibilities for a casual performer like myself.

Awesome! Glad this video helped you. Let me know if there's anything else you need to know to make an informed decision. If you end up buying it, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Jeff,

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review. I'm floored by your effort and your insightful comments. You give very sound advice.

My best wishes,
Peter
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
The $ 40 price is not high. Booklet are now around 25, big books are $60-80. In my opinion the asked price is fair.
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
It sounds pretty cool.

I'm a bit skeptical of the claims though. It seems that, given just a little bit of time misdirection, they don't remember signing twice? That strains credulity and I'm having a hard time buying it.

Any other feedback or reviews from people who have this?
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Like most magicians, you stop thinking too soon.

Peter Gröning kept thinking.

If you want the benefit of his extended thinking, buy the book. It's worthwhile.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Wow...just, wow.
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2020, Tim Cavendish wrote:

If you want the benefit of his extended thinking, buy the book. It's worthwhile.

Ah, so you can't answer the question.
You could have just said that instead of hiding your ignorance behind unfounded insults. Smile

I didn't realize asking a completely fair question would lead me to blocking my first person here but way to go. Such a horrible, classless person, jeez.
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Hi MC Mirak,

I don't know Mr Cavendish, but I'm quite sure it wasn't his intention to insult anyone, but rather to say that there's more to the concept than what you assume.

I'm not sure which claims you find hard to believe, but I'll do my best to answer and make things a bit clearer. If not, please ask again, and I'll try to be more precise.

Regarding you scepticism; I'm very biased, of course, but in my opinion there's a lot more to it, than "just a little bit of time misdirection". You don't have to take my word for it, since there are quite a few people, whom I've never met, that expresses themselves rather positively about the concept and the rest of the material in the book. Also, more than one have said that they too were very, very sceptical about the core concept before reading it, believing they would be greatly disappointed, only to be pleasantly surprised when they had learned the workings. These aren't my claims, it's others saying this.

I do realize that my material isn't for everyone - never could be, since no one single concept nor idea is. None. That said, I'm happy to hear that lot's of people seem to have found use for it, and so far I haven't heard anyone say otherwise. That doesn't mean they don't exist, of course they do, but I'm fairly certain that their reasons for not finding it useful, isn't because the concept doesn't work - it does - but something else entirely.

My best wishes,
Peter Gröning
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2020, MC Mirak wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2020, Tim Cavendish wrote:

Ah, so you can't answer the question.
You could have just said that instead of hiding your ignorance behind unfounded insults. Smile

I didn't realize asking a completely fair question would lead me to blocking my first person here but way to go. Such a horrible, classless person, jeez.

I see you've met our Tim Cavendish.
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
Seriously, right?

I said this sounds cool. So cool it’s hard to believe. Very polite. And then that response. I’ll admit I’m considering not coming to this site any more.

I appreciate the author’s response and I want to be even clearer now. I’ll even do it in all caps for Mr Cavendish:
THIS LOOKS AMAZING. I’M VERY INTERESTED IN THIS BUT SINCE I CAN’T ASK QUESTIONS WITHOUT BEING TOLD “you stop thinking too soon”, I GUESS MAYBE I JUST WON’T BUY IT.

(Sorry, thinking out loud here) I think any time I’d read this book, I’ll think of this whole interaction. Great way to take a sale away from the author, I know he (since it will sell out anyway) and you (a jerk) don’t care, Cravendish, but I can only control what I do so that’s what I’ll do.
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Hi MC Mirak,

If you're still looking for an unbiased opinion on Resigned to Miracles, there's a new rather comprehensive review made by motown posted in a separate thread: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......art=60#3

My best wishes,
Peter
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
It does look amazing, Mr. Gröning sir. I think I’m going to order it in spite of all this. Thanks for sharing your magic with the world.

Best wishes in all you do,
Michael-Christopher
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Hi Michael-Christopher,

Thanks for your kind words, and for your interest in my book. It means a lot. Smile

If you have any questions - before your purchase or after reading the book - just send me a pm, and I'll do my best to answer.

My best wishes,
Peter

PS! And thank you for the Ö. I know it's weird for you guys! Smile DS!
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
Ordered today, can't wait till it gets here in (I'm guessing) 10-14 days.

Thanks again, Mr. Gröning. And also magicfish, thanks as well.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2020, MC Mirak wrote:
Ordered today, can't wait till it gets here in (I'm guessing) 10-14 days.

Thanks again, Mr. Gröning. And also magicfish, thanks as well.
Having read the book myself, I think you’ll be glad you bought it. So many possibilities and it really sparked a lot of ideas.

Here’s another thread you may be interested in reading, which includes a review I did of the book.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=717165
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
Thanks for that review, motown. I will admit, I missed it. I stopped reading that particular thread on the first page, due to some possibly xenophobic sorts of comments. Reading through the thread now, skipping parts of course, it was helpful.

I ordered from Vanishing Inc (there were some other things I wanted to order as well) but it said preorder last week. It says it is in stock now but it still says preorder in my account, so no idea when I will get this Smile
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Hi Michael-Christopher,

Thanks for having faith in me and my work.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the material.

If you have any question, fire away and I'll do my very best to answer them.

My best wishes,
Peter
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
Thanks!

Book is in the mail and tracking says it will arrive Friday. I'll be sure to share my thoughts and ask questions if I have any.

Thanks and best wishes!

MC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Erudite Magic: Resigned to Miracles (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL