The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Yet Another EGO Change Post (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Need help with the Ego change..

I purchased the DG Project vol.1, read through all the Café posts, and watched multiple YouTube clips(including Alex Pandrea's excellent Cardini change tutorial). From these I've been able to competently execute the 'pull down' portion of the technique, but I'm still struggling with the placement/timing of the cover hand.

DG says to keep the cover hand very close to the deck. But doing so causes the pulled down card to snap against the cover hand. I've tried many different positioning and timings and it still doesn't work. Found this video on another post to give you an idea of what I am aiming for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8dcwDUcL......eo_title

How the heck is he doing this? Anyone know? I wish Penguin would hook up with DG and film a detailed tutorial covering the timing, positioning and angles for this move- I'm sure it would be a hot seller.

Thoughts?
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Snapping against the cover hand isn't necessarily a problem. Only if it makes noise is it a problem.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2020, Tortuga wrote:
Snapping against the cover hand isn't necessarily a problem. Only if it makes noise is it a problem.

Well Then I guess my question is, at what point in the video above does the card get dragged under? It doesn’t seem like there is room for it to go anywhere.
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
When the change is complete, the card is, or should be about halfway down the side of the pack. From there you finish by dragging it under.
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
ThanksTortuga- but I don't think I was clear. So...

In the video, I can't see how the card would even get to the halfway point(cover too low), unless it is bent against the cover hand, in which case there's no way it would be silent. Even with a soft touch, the card Needs to pop off the thumb and slap into the cover. What am I missing?
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
I may have figured out the issue. The trouble might be your left hand, not your right. Make sure the deck is in a high grip, not sunk down low in your hand. Go back and watch the Pandrea video. He covers every nuance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Yet Another EGO Change Post (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL