The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Really interesting Strolling Chop Cup idea! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Found one of these in my closet. Forgot I had it! Decided to make a chop cup routine out of it. What do you think?

https://youtu.be/4fINKCQp1a4
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8963 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have used a collapsible cup for many years, as chop cup or using other sleights.
Most popular is the "bike cup" that hangs on your belt.

You one that inserts into the flask is unique and does give a reason to carry it around.

I have a draft wBook called "Co-lapse" with ideas for using such a cup. Write me ken@eversway.com for a copy.

One several of these the metal attraction is not enough for a mag-ball, but strong enough for an external magnet to attach to the cup base an morph into a Chop Cup.

Personally, as I have played with variations of the Chop Cup with eBooks like ChopSIgn, I have gotten away from the limitations of the magnet.
Various sleights and Moves allow for greater flexibility and showing the hand and cup empty more often.

The rolled dollar bill is good in either case. Rose buds are neat too.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2020, funsway wrote:
I have used a collapsible cup for many years, as chop cup or using other sleights.
Most popular is the "bike cup" that hangs on your belt.

You one that inserts into the flask is unique and does give a reason to carry it around.

I have a draft wBook called "Co-lapse" with ideas for using such a cup. Write me ken@eversway.com for a copy.

One several of these the metal attraction is not enough for a mag-ball, but strong enough for an external magnet to attach to the cup base an morph into a Chop Cup.

Personally, as I have played with variations of the Chop Cup with eBooks like ChopSIgn, I have gotten away from the limitations of the magnet.
Various sleights and Moves allow for greater flexibility and showing the hand and cup empty more often.

The rolled dollar bill is good in either case. Rose buds are neat too.

I love this! Thank you so much!!!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
8963 Posts

Profile of funsway
During the night I was thinking of the advantages of having the flask on the table. I haven't handled it, of course,
and the simple fact of its existence can be natural and lead to many story lines.

It can be left on the table for Directed Focus, to conceal and object, serve as reason to go to the pocket or vest, provide a desired pause, etc.

Plus, I am assuming the socket form which the cup comes can serve as a container as well, open to the top or allowing concealment beneath.

Perhaps the flask can serve as a mini-tray for setting the cup when held by a spectator (close but not touching) should that become wise again.

Its handling can certainly mask the addition or removal of an external magnet from the cup.

Beyond that, it might be that when the magic fails to cooperate, a little nip "does the trick."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
8963 Posts

Profile of funsway
A bit confused over your saying "tin" as that is not magnetic - a stainless alloy of some sort?

Is the base magnetic or the sides also?

many antique collapsible cups (1870-1900) were made of tin and are not magnetic. Most now days seem to be stainless.

obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2020, funsway wrote:
A bit confused over your saying "tin" as that is not magnetic - a stainless alloy of some sort?

Is the base magnetic or the sides also?

many antique collapsible cups (1870-1900) were made of tin and are not magnetic. Most now days seem to be stainless.

Yeah looks like it is more of a brushed steel.
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
For those interested, funsway and I collabed on a fun piece using these props. You can check it out in my online store.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Really interesting Strolling Chop Cup idea! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL