The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » A Different Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8959 Posts

Profile of funsway
Michael O'Brian (http://www.obrienmagic.com/) offered an idea on a different forum suggesting the use of a special collapsible cup and flask as a Chop Cup.
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&forum=5

This intrigued me as I had explored this idea back in 2009 with the eBooks, Co-Lapse, ReLapse and several of the funsway Chop Series.

What is new here is the addition of the flask. His theme is "taking a nip," that has many story possibilities. But, consider just water ...

With COVID-19 distancing and 'no touch' that drinking fountains are closed and many people carry around their own water.
Bottles can be bulky and it is inadvisable to share a bottle. So, carrying your own collapsible cup makes sense.

In the past I preferred a version called a Bike Cup that has a lid and clip chain made popular back 1900-1912

I am now considering updating and rewriting some of my earlier work so that cup lovers can take advantage of the unique advantages of such a cup.

Sure, it can be gaffed for you same-old Chop routine in a convenient and "reason to carry" approach.
But, the ability to collapse and expand allows for different Moves and Sleights and astonishment - even without the gaff.

As noted in ChopSign, you can change the Container, the Method or the Story to make an old effect seem new to an audience.

The use of a collapsible cup can achieve all three, singly or combined. O'Brian's combo unit adds additional possibilities.

I will start writing up new effects and attendant Moves, Sleights and Stratagems.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » A Different Cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL