The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mechanism to deliver coin to hand invisibly... (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I am looking for a device that can deliver a coin to a hand without needing to do a body steal proper. Similar to Hidden Hand by Sean Fields.

The issue is I want to do this sleeveless, or else I could just use a holdout system of any variety.

Can anyone recommend a device that they have tested that can accomplish this? Is 'Hidden Hand' the only publicly released mechanism of this nature that can be done sleeveless?

I appreciate any feedback offered.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
TKO 2.0 will handle it.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1157 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Raven from Chazpro is an alternate method. But it requires a special coin, you may already have.
And if you have that special coin, then there are several methods of delivery.
Hook coin.

Jerry
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Hi the Raven would require sleeves correct? Your talking about a traditional Raven p**l?
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1157 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Raven can be done with short sleeves.

Demo
GO HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozFJN4jxHfs
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1157 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Other options.

Control by Darryl Vanamburg
Pro:
Powerful, very powerful. Two hour instructions. Lots of options and comes with a "kit".

Cons:
Cost. Size. Weak concealment, treat it like TT. Loud. Read the reviews.

Silent Assistant.
Pro:
Cost. Smaller, better concealment. Quite.

Cons: Weak. No kit. Sans Minds.

Everything has a trade off.
Right down a list of wants. Then right a list of all the device options.
Then compare and see which best meets your needs.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1319 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Until you try a magnetic holdout on the side of the back pocket, do not discount it. you naturally lower your hand anyways. You can ditch, cover and retrieve with this natural move.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8815 Posts

Profile of Mb217
*Check out my latest: MBs Mini Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1157 Posts

Profile of Jerry
There is a whole other conversation on Gregory Wilson Split Focus.

GO HERE:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=670021

To me it appears that I already have several versions of this already. Clocking in at $150, with no major innovations, I'll pass.
Thank you for pointing this out MB. Always helps to show options.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Ah yes a Raven can be used in short sleeves, I forgot about this..

It does seem like a more appropriate method to ditch an object though. Rather then a device to deliver an object to a hand.

Again, let me clarify, I am seeking to go from empty hands, to having a coin delivered to my hand, while wearing no sleeves.

Thanks for the input guys.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8815 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2020, Jerry wrote:
There is a whole other conversation on Gregory Wilson Split Focus.

GO HERE:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=670021

To me it appears that I already have several versions of this already. Clocking in at $150, with no major innovations, I'll pass.
Thank you for pointing this out MB. Always helps to show options.

Just showing this, not for the effect or the coins, but as to the request here of how to (more simply) invisibly deliver a coin to the hand, as suggested above my post.
*Check out my latest: MBs Mini Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6881 Posts

Profile of Dougini
How about this?

"If I had to do just one thing to prove I am a magician, it would be NOW-U-C-IT, NOW-U-DON'T."
Meir Yedid

Prove your magic mettle once and for all with NOW-U-C-IT, NOW-U-DON'T. With no suspicious moves, you can show your hand empty front and back, but close your hand and open it, and there rests a coin! Close your fist over the coin and open it again and the coin is gone! Pure magic! At least the spectators will think so!

But you can do even more! The accompanying DVD contains 60 minutes of performance and explanation of 20 routines, moves and ideas with NOW-U-C-IT, NOW-U-DON'T. Also, in addition to the versatile gimmick and instructions on how to make more, you get a booklet jam-packed with over 50 ideas, techniques and routines from the likes of Jeff Stewart, Ken Krenzel, Meir Yedid, Bob Friedhoffer, John Cornelius, James Swoger, Ed Mellon, David Regal and Steve Schneiderman.

Get yours today and you, too, can make objects disappear and reappear - just like real magic!
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/close-......-u-dont/

Doug
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1157 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Dougini, I do not think the OP wants any gimmick coins or devices.
I love "NOW U C IT". I agree it is one of the best secret weapons in coin magic.

But, it does have some limitations.
You can not go into a routine with other coins or use is with a coin box for example.
scotchrocket
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
110 Posts

Profile of scotchrocket
If you'd prefer to use sleight of hand, perhaps the Sylvester Pitch would work for you. If not, could you provide some more context of what you're looking to do?
All about borrowed coins.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8815 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hiya doing Doug? Smile

Hey, I used to have something like this long ago called, "Fickle Nickel." Looks to work the same way and this version of it addresses the request I used to have of wanting it to be a bigger coin...Hooray for that! Smile That it is here as dollar size coin makes it much more visible and amazing looking. I remember it being a fun effect, but Jerry brings up some good points about it to be further considered.

And Rocket, the "Sylvester Pitch" could produce this (without a gaff) effect as originally asked for here alrighty, pretty believably I'd say. I actually use my little Quick Pitch to do just this for many years now. Smile *And also, my 10 Switch could deliver this as well. Smile

Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1157 Posts

Profile of Jerry
John Cornelius Fickle nickel is vanishing only. This is a production.
I guess you could reverse the method, but I think that would be awkward. Gravity will work against you.

"The Hidden Hand" - is NOT the answer. It is complete trash.

OP stated "device that can deliver a coin to a hand without needing to do a body steal proper". And no sleeves.

All the device mentioned and suggested so far are not acceptable.

No sleeves
No coat
No body steals
No holdouts
No clips
No gimmick coins
No hand apparatus
Hands empty

I do not know if anything exists that meets this criterion.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8815 Posts

Profile of Mb217
This is just too easy. ☺️

Just saying, but the the OP doesn’t seem to be totally against half the stuff you mention here...And he actually speaks of “holdouts” as a viable alternative.

But anyway as to Fickle Nickel, it was always an effect of vanish “and” production...Always! And it is just as easy to produce the coin as it is to vanish it, nothing “awkward” to it at all, no more than what you see with newer takes that are mentioned here. But don’t take my word for it (as you clearly haven’t- NP), see for yourself as it’s an old trick...

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
If you go the "untucked shirt" route, the "Secret Servante" by Sean Goodman would work and is on sale right now @ VI
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......ervante/
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1157 Posts

Profile of Jerry
MB - Your correct, you can vanish AND appear the coin, once you are SETUP.
The video does not show how he got into his hands. You have place the coin into your hand using a certain method.
I am basing this on John Cornelius method, your method may have improved on it without a setup required.

However, both Fickle and Now U See It are tethered. This limit the coin, unless a switch is made.

Correct also, OP only disregarded Raven so far.
No mention on Poof TKO, countrymaven holdout or your suggestion on Split Focus (although $150 for the set may beyond their requirements).

I believe Secret Servante is the best answer.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8815 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks Jerry.

I actually was never speaking of Fickle Nickel as a solution here, I was just responding to the mention of Now UC It, Now U Don't.

And also again, I was not mentioning Split Focus as an effect, but to point toward a way to bring a "coin to hand invisibly" via the method used by Wilson's effect. The method he uses does not cost $150, more like $5-10 bucks depending on what you use. I have used an old money clip to do this quite effectively enough, without doing this effect at all. I was simply pointing to the piece of it that the OP needed. Figured people would recognize it easy enough beyond the cost of the effect.

And finally here, PD's recommendation of Sean's wonderful "Secret Servante" is indeed a good, flexible solution that should be given a try. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mechanism to deliver coin to hand invisibly... (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL