The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CTG by Peter Eggink (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Peter Eggink has done it again!

Dynamo called it the best effect of Blackpool 2019: Peter Eggink's CTC project.

Peter's "hands off" approach to the "Coin Through Can" sold out in literally hours upon its worldwide release in 2019.

Through the year, Peter has been taking this concept and developed it even further only to come back better and stronger: a re-design of this fantastic concept now implemented in the classic "Coin Thru Glass" effect.

A classy, sophisticated version which will blow your spectator's minds. This is the ultimate "in the hands" experience that will create some long lasting memories.
After your favorite card magic, you borrow a coin from your spectator. Both you and your spectator initialize the coin. Next, the spectator is given the card box to hold and to isolate the surface of the box, a glass is placed on top of it.

From a distance, you aim...and "flick" the coin towards the glass...with a loud "clang" the coin magically and visually penetrates the fibers of the glass! This a truly shocking magical experience for your spectator: they feel, see and hear the magic happen right in their OWN HANDS.

The glass is removed and the signed coin is returned to the spectator as an astonishing memory of this amazingly magical experience.

You will LOVE performing this.

Points to remember:
* Completely hands off
* Under 100% control at all times
* Use bills or rings
* Resets in seconds
* Durable and reliable
* Perfect for restaurant workers and street performers
CTG by Peter Eggink comes complete with a ready to go, special engineered gimmick including online instructions.

More info:
Red:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=66074

Blue:

https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=66232

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Wow! Wow! Wow! This is like Leap by Agus Tjiu, but far in advance in technology. I guess a coin or a ring is better, because we need that loud clang sound. Is the gimmick rechargable?
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I like it!

Though I do wonder what the motivation is to have the spec hold a deck in order to perform a coin through glass? It's the only thing I imagine would be suspect to a spec...and their conclusion would be correct in this case (that the secret lies in the deck).

The trailer cuts out the part of why they ask the spec to hold the deck but hopefully there is an organic motivation.

That said, the part where Peter just performs the trick between two glasses, without a spec, seems maybe more natural (albeit you lose the in the spec hands aspect).

Nevertheless, PE is always clever and this seems to be no exception.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
CTC was the biggest pile of junk ever to grace the magic world. Utter garbage and I’m being kind.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2020, Magic KL wrote:
Wow! Wow! Wow! This is like Leap by Agus Tjiu, but far in advance in technology. I guess a coin or a ring is better, because we need that loud clang sound. Is the gimmick rechargable?

video at 1:20, "rechargable"
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
^ (Pegasus) a bit harsh...theres plenty of junk magic tricks out there. CTC was definitely not one. It ingeniously accomplished what it promised. It was, however, a bit over engineered and a little too cumbersome for my needs. I'll give you that!
loudini1972
View Profile
New user
Central New Jersey
95 Posts

Profile of loudini1972
Looks like a great effect and I love magic that happens in the spectators hand but I am going to wait for a review on this. I do question the quality and it's not cheap.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2020, loudini1972 wrote:
Looks like a great effect and I love magic that happens in the spectators hand but I am going to wait for a review on this. I do question the quality and it's not cheap.

And you’d be very wise to do so. Believe me.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just bought Viking Coin Classic, which is not electronic, but works very well, so will stick with that. I also have Leap, but may sell that, as I never really used it.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Would going with red or blue be better...some tricks blue is better for hiding things...with this does it matter??
maklakmak
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
So, its LEAP by Tjiu Magic but with a remote control. I hope the product has an on/off switch this time!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2020, maklakmak wrote:
So, its LEAP by Tjiu Magic but with a remote control. I hope the product has an on/off switch this time!

An on / off switch for an electrical device? Why would you even bother with such trivialities?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2020, pegasus wrote:
CTC was the biggest pile of junk ever to grace the magic world. Utter garbage and I’m being kind.

mine is on the shelf. I plug it in every so often to click the remote in an effort to feel as though I've gotten my money's worth.

A few more years of doing this and I will be happy.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have put on and off switches in these for 4 magicians and they work brilliantly then . They don’t just burn themselves out when not in use they last a good month or more as you just turn them on and off as needed . Simple to do too ie put in an inline switch , I done this on the first version so I don’t know whether this suggestion is now in the new model Gaz 🙂
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Well gaz that's all well and good but when I spend that much perhaps that little idea should have been thought of before they sold it to me.

I will never buy anything from this company again.

Maybe they should offer owners of ctc a 75% discount on this item?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I really like the effect and think it’s great and infact bought 2 of them the first time around Gaz 🙂
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I really like the effect and think it’s great and infact bought 2 of them the first time around Gaz 🙂

Well, I'd be happy to sell you mine then you can have spare parts. Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks John I was just doing it for free to magician friends who loved the effect and had bought the effect but wanted the battery saving properties a switch gave them Gaz 🙂
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2020, John C wrote:
Well gaz that's all well and good but when I spend that much perhaps that little idea should have been thought of before they sold it to me.

I will never buy anything from this company again.

Maybe they should offer owners of ctc a 75% discount on this item?

I’m with you John.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Hmmmm mayhaps avoid this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CTG by Peter Eggink (17 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL