The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Returning to magic after almost a decade... help me magic binge. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Saqib16
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Saqib16
Hi Everyone!

I joined TheMagicCafe back in 2003 when I was 16. My how time flies! I have been a little out of the game. I did mostly close-up magic, but things were getting a little out of hand with all the 'cardistry' and flash and I just slowly loss interest.

I recently went to Hawaii and saw Kozy (who is great) and he has peaked my interest in magic again. Can someone enlighten me on some of the must buy books / videos / and items? Maybe the "best of" so I can go on a magic binge?

Thank you!
jbonilla
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of jbonilla
What kind of close up are you interested?
jbonilla
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of jbonilla
If you want to go straight to the big leagues. mnemonica by Tamariz. hard but worth it.
if you want to go easy.. and bring back fundamentals.. I would start with a few dvds from ellusionist.. now you can download them,
Madman13
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Madman13
Welcome back.
Saqib16
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Saqib16
Thanks everyone! I realized, in many ways I am a beginner. I learned basically the majority of card sleights back in the day (encyclopedia of card sleights / card college). I would practice all day. My 'tricks' were really just showing off to class mates in high school / college.

I never learned the basics of theory / performance. I am going to start from scratch. I think learning cups and balls is a good place to start

Will read Ammar's cups and balls and maybe get his videos. Any beginner cup sets you would recommend? I have searched the threads... tons of options
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Returning to magic after almost a decade... help me magic binge. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL