The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » DLCMagic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5186 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I just heard a rumor that David Lawrence, owner of DLCMagic has taken his own life. Has anyone else heard about this?
Where the magic begins
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5200 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I called a fellow magician who lives closer to Pittsburgh than me and is active on FB and all the different magic groups out that way. He had also heard the rumor but also could not confirm it. I hope it is only a rumor.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1968 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I saw a post on the SME Talk Magic group (Facebook) which said that David Lawrence had died on August 18. There was no cause of death given.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5186 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
My information came from David Oliver on Faceboook
Where the magic begins
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2972 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I know this post/topic is over a year old. I recently heard about David Lawrence (Clement) (real last name).
DLC Magic
Was trying to contact him a few months after Covid started with no response. Magic was his only source of income. He told me he was going to try Uber Eats or Door Dash delivery to get some quick income. We used to give each other leads of gigs and sometime work gigs together.

Very sad to hear put could find nothing on the web regarding this tragedy. Very nice guy and seemed to always have a positive attitude. You never know. Any additional info. would be appreciated.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7472 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
David and I met at the Battle of Magicians in Canton, Ohio, many years ago. We corresponded and exchanged cards every year.
So sad to hear. Rest in Peace.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » DLCMagic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL