We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New from Dark Artifice, Bobby Hasbun: R1TUAL (116 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3505 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, Winks wrote:
Willie - Your Day Beg9ns When Theirs Ends


And for a few, their day ends when my day begins.... Some people lie so much you can't trust they aren't dead, even when they tell you so. Besides, bills are due.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
725 Posts

Profile of Winks
I'll bear that in mind.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3505 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, Winks wrote:
I'll bear that in mind.


"Death is never having to say you are sorry!"
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
420 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2021, Delimbeau wrote:
Good to see you back here Dr. SH!


Thank you Delimbeau for the welcome. Like you see I am coming in and out the forum ... like a ghost. Work has been very busy, however when I see effect like this , it really re-inspires me and get me excited... I love the attention to details of bobby , from the script, the effect, the props... I cannot imagine how many hours he spent on this project, it is a real gem for the bizarre community.
saturnkk
View Profile
New user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
82 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Anyone have any critical thoughts on this effect? I see a lot of glowing reviews... It sounds fascinating but I am not even sure what the effect actually is and for the price I would like to have a better idea!
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
87 Posts

Profile of PhantomStranger
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, saturnkk wrote:
Anyone have any critical thoughts on this effect? I see a lot of glowing reviews... It sounds fascinating but I am not even sure what the effect actually is and for the price I would like to have a better idea!


You can reach out to Bobby directly on the site, he's awesome and great to speak with!
saturnkk
View Profile
New user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
82 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, PhantomStranger wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, saturnkk wrote:
Anyone have any critical thoughts on this effect? I see a lot of glowing reviews... It sounds fascinating but I am not even sure what the effect actually is and for the price I would like to have a better idea!


You can reach out to Bobby directly on the site, he's awesome and great to speak with!


Thanks, I have but I was also interested in any neutral criticism as well.
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
It is really difficult to give anything critical to this - It's worth more than the asking price.

It's a board game from the 1970s - I've heard some spooky stories about people that have played it - It certainly has a mysterious history

It's worth mentioning that almost any item/effect can be criticized for something - This, however, cannot
saturnkk
View Profile
New user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
82 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Wow, picked it up! (and his other stuff). Very excited to try it out!!
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
Congrats - you now own the best item in the entire bizarre community - this can be backed up by debatable facts - enjoy it and respect it
Satire
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Satire
I picked this up yesterday based on the phenomenal reviews in this thread (and the incredible customer service of Bobby). Can't wait for it to arrive!
Tedbay
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Tedbay
Just ordered this too for family Christmas magic show (which is always containing some scary, shocking moments)!

Ted
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
I still get so many requests to break this out, no matter how many times folks have seen it. When not "prepared" (or when feeling lazy), I've used the excuse that I unfortunately don't have any candles for it--only to have neighbors run to their house for a birthday candle. Even though I now do some repeat performances without a setup (it'd be a little too on-the-nose if it always reveals something startling, I figure) I'm going to run out of creative things to reveal with it at this point.

For anybody who isn't using it yet, I'd strongly suggest having the link to the blog post to add as flavor. I've lead into R1tual so many times by saying checking my phone, saying "Oooh, my package finally out for delivery" or "So anxious to get home and play with my new toy" and, when they invariably ask "what'd you get?" I show them the blog post. After they read it, it has never resulted in them not begging me to bring it over, and does all the "spooky heavy lifting" for you. Means you don't need to over-sell it yourself, and (more importantly) you can act just as surprised as they are as you all follow along with the instructions together.

The link to the blog (with a bunch of back-dated entries I've copied from random paranormal/spooky blogs and whatnot to give any "seeded" material more credence) is in the R1tual thread down in the Crypt. If you don't have enough posts yet to view the Crypt, feel free to PM me and I'll send you the link.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1369 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I bought this on a bit of a whim and I'm so glad I did. What a beautiful work of art, from the quality of prop to the structure of the routine. It's genius is in its simplicity - the authentic look of the board, the backstory along with the fool proof process do so much of the work for you. A pure powerhouse of a piece if delivered with sincerity. Literally the first time I've purchased anything from Bobby but if this is his usual standard of work and service (judging by other threads it is!) then I think the community are lucky to have him!

This is the stuff that interests me now. None of the over the top, hyped up nonsense. So glad I stumbled on this thread a few months back and equally happy to have bought this beauty.

Cheers to all the posters above for bringing it to my attention. If anyone of you are ever on Irish soul, feel free to drop me a message and I'll buy you a pint Smile

Pete
saturnkk
View Profile
New user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
82 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2021, Pete Legend wrote:
I bought this on a bit of a whim and I'm so glad I did. What a beautiful work of art, from the quality of prop to the structure of the routine. It's genius is in its simplicity - the authentic look of the board, the backstory along with the fool proof process do so much of the work for you. A pure powerhouse of a piece if delivered with sincerity. Literally the first time I've purchased anything from Bobby but if this is his usual standard of work and service (judging by other threads it is!) then I think the community are lucky to have him!

This is the stuff that interests me now. None of the over the top, hyped up nonsense. So glad I stumbled on this thread a few months back and equally happy to have bought this beauty.

Cheers to all the posters above for bringing it to my attention. If anyone of you are ever on Irish soul, feel free to drop me a message and I'll buy you a pint Smile

Pete


It is magic and ART!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New from Dark Artifice, Bobby Hasbun: R1TUAL (116 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL