The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Pocket Change Setlist (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Silversleights04
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, Texas
157 Posts

Profile of Silversleights04
One of my favorite EDC effects is Exact Change. However, after performance, you're typically left with a small purposeless pile of change. So, I worked on a setlist of effects that use small coins like quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies that can be used as follow up effects. I wanted to share with the group but I'd also love to get some recommendations. I'm curious to see which effects the community might suggest as additions to the list. Here are some of mine to get it started...

Questionable Trick - Greg Wilson On the Spot
Micro Dissolve - Daniel Garcia, DG Project Vol 4
Tequila Hustler - Mark Elsdon
Common Cents Prediction - Drew Backenstoss, Architect of the Mind
Tenkai pennies - I learned it from Daryl L&L, I think?

What are some other good pocket change effects to add to the list?

Thanks!

Marco
-Magic sees Magic-

-Magic is the gift we teach ourselves to give to other people-
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4087 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Simplex Positive Negative. A contribution from John Carey to the book, Rubinstein Coin Magic.
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4087 Posts

Loose Change by Scott Robinson on volume 12 of the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD series.
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4087 Posts

Shattered Spellbound in Rubinstein Coin Magic (ends with English penny shattering into many pennies). Also along the same lines in same book, I Got It Covered, a contribution by Mike Gallo with a climax of a production of about 50 pennies.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4087 Posts

Also in Rubinstein Coin Magic:
Smileys Jr.(quarter)
Signed bill through quarter
Three quarters of a Trick
Quadra Coin Reverse Matrix (using a penny, nickle, dime, and quarter)
The Mentalist (quarter)
The Bent Coin Routine (quarter)
Fusion (quarter and penny)
Mint Condition (quarter)
Nest of boxes (quarter)
Coins to Glass (quarter)
Nest of Envelopes (quarter, three versions)
Quarter Steal
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2176 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
If you have Max Maven's Multiplicity, there are things in that which can be used as follow up.
Also, Silver Swindle by Dave Forrest.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4087 Posts

Mike Gallo's Five Dimes Better on vol 14 of the NYCMS DVD series
Time for Change by Michael Rubinstein. Volume 12 of the NYCMS DVD series
Nickle through Hand - Almost by Scotty York. Volume 12 of the NYCMS DVD series
Nickle Head by Scotty York. Volume 11 of the NYCMS DVD series
Quarter Transpo by Mike Gallo. Volume 8 of the NYCMS DVD series
Silversleights04
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, Texas
157 Posts

Profile of Silversleights04
Dr. Rubinstein is going strong with these recommendations! I just got your book last week and it's at the top of my to-read pile at this very moment. Love the quality of the book btw, especially that gorgeous blue binding it really pops like the clear sky and reminds me of seeing shapes in the clouds. I'm also tracking down a copy of NYCMS now to revist these and refresh my recollection. Thank you kindly sir!

Wravyn, great idea! I actually just got Multiplicity not too long ago and was thinking an equivoque prediction would be a good piece to use any time there are 3 types of coin in the final total. Haven't seen Silver Swindle, but Dave Forrest is great, I'll take a look! Thanks!
-Magic sees Magic-

-Magic is the gift we teach ourselves to give to other people-
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4087 Posts

Thank you! The blue binding was an homage to Bobo. Please let everyone know what you are working on, I am sure they would like to hear from someone other than me lol!
As for the small coin list, I would have put all of those choices in one post, but I kept remembering different ones! I probably will think of some more as well.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Loyal user
Randolph NJ
245 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
If you wear a ring, Ringside by Gregory Wilson is a great impromptu effect using a ring and a quarter, both of which can be borrowed. In typical Wilson fashion, it's short to the point, and a stunner!
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I am fond of Gregory Wilson's "Trick Question or Questionable Trick"
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8801 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2020, Chuck Finley wrote:
I am fond of Gregory Wilson's "Trick Question or Questionable Trick"

Me too, just a wonderful little trick, and one of the very few I ever do with such small coins. Smile
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Kong
View Profile
Regular user
UK
119 Posts

Profile of Kong
Tyler Rabbit's Modular Coins Across (from Tyler's Hiding Place project) is one of my favourites to do with small coins. When I first saw it performed, I thought it looked like real magic.

The whole routine is strong and flows well, and the signed coin ending is just the icing on the cake.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8801 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Oh, and if you like coin magic and mentalism, well, there's a clever little trick called "Fading Coin," by Takahashi that I used to have a lot of fun with, just using some good presentation and a little pocket change. Smile
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Mike Close’ Twenty-Six Cents Worth of Change from Workers 2 is a good trick that uses pocket change.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Pocket Change Setlist (10 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL