The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Card Animations - Patricio Teran (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Card Animations - Patricio Teran
$19.95 (Download)
https://murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=67762

The Hype:
Four ingenious close-up magic animations!

Patricio Teran teaches you step by step how to build your own special cards by applying the concept of the animated card one of the most original animation concepts in magic.

My Take:

This is some really cool card magic. Imagine if Sans Mind and Dan Harlan fathered a child together. I am pretty sure it would look like this. The card construction (and arts and crafts) of Sans Mind and the stick figure guy made famous by Cardtoons.

If you are going stir crazy staying inside safe from the virus, this could be just what you are looking for to pass the hours. The arts and crafts aspect is pretty involved but the result is worth it.

In an hour and twenty minute video, you are taught all the ins and outs of constructing your gimmick. Unlike Dan's trick, parts of these cards actually move. However, plan on spending some time making your gimmicks.

Four routines are taught (and each requires a different gimmick)

Card Teran. Your little guy is seen holding a card. You can see only the back of the card. With a quick flick of the fingers, the card turns into the selected card and can actually be handed out to examine or a souvenir. (Don't worry. You will not lose your gimmick doing this).

Card Fisherman - I love the looks of this one. It is unbelievable. The drawing is of a man fishing. The chosen card is visibly pulled up by the fishing line and then instantly changes to a little fish. If you do restaurant work, kids will love this one.

Crazy Rising Card - The back of a card is shown as normal. With a flick of the finger, a small card box appears, then the chosen card visibly rises from the box. This reminds me of a miniature version of Cardiographic by Martin Lewis. With just a little thinking, this could allow you to give the card out for a souvenir. Of course, you would have to remake a dupe every time you did it.

Atomic Postman - A card back is shown and a small rectangle of paper appears. With a snap it turns into a tiny envelope. When the flap is lifted a small card is inside that is the exact card chosen.

At the end of the video is a performance section where all four effects are shown.I think my favorite would have to be Card Fisherman. Very visual and the change to a little fish is a real eye popper.

Conclusion. This is one of the more fun downloads that I have run into. Granted, it will take time (and lot of patience) to get the gimmicks ready. The only problem I found is that you have to make some miniature cards. You are given the dimensions and then left on your own to make them. It would have been nice to include a pdf to print the little cards. I would not hesitate to recommend this one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Card Animations - Patricio Teran (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL