The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Issues with Double Cross (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

saturnkk
View Profile
New user
Berkley, MI
5 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
I have recently begun getting back into magic. I had gotten fairly heavy into magic back in college and now 20 years have passed and I am reigniting my interests. Typically, I have always favored close-up, examined-able, everyday item type of magic and/or mentalism effects.

To this end, I picked up Double Cross and I am having trouble with the "putty" not adhering to my hand. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good sticky substance I can use dependably?

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area but there are sooo many and this one seemed like a good start...

Thanks!
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
217 Posts

Profile of pattrick
I love this trick, but also have had that issue. Sometimes it is what is on your hands. I use a spray to keep my hands from being dry, which can affect the tack. I also take the tack and squish it around, bringing the middle of the tack to the outer layer. Sometimes replacing or adding some new tack is needed as well. Also when not in use I take a thimble or something to cover the tack in my case.
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1486 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I don't have this problem. I use this trick all the time and love it. All I need to do is occasionally pull the tack off and roll it around. The gimmick will not be glued to your hand when you take it off. Only lightly attached. Im not sure any of this helps
AnthonyCC
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of AnthonyCC
I also had this issue. I started using Chamberlain's Golden Touch Lotion spray and it helped out a lot.
BaronLockhart
View Profile
New user
Seattle
13 Posts

Profile of BaronLockhart
I fiddle around with it while talking and while doing so, massage the putty a little bit. It heats it up and makes it a lot more sticky. I also carry it in a manner that ensures no pocket lint can get on it and make it less sticky (a product I make, check profile for link if interested)
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Carry it covered, I use on of those pocket clips when I'm in a suit but other wise a second sharpie cap on the other side. Make a hole in the end in case you gimmick get stuck in the cap it will be easy to push out (experience). Biggest tip is as said above make sure the putty is clean and warm, makes a huge difference.
alexK
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of alexK
There was one time in the past (some years ago) where I droped the gimmick because my hand was to sweaty but this happens only once.
Overall I don't have problems with it and the only thing I really care of is that the "putty" is not too dirty, so that it will stick fine.
I also put it on at the moment where I ask about holding out hands, so I only stick it for 3-5 seconds on the finger.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Issues with Double Cross (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL