The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Issues with Double Cross (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JayCee0919
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of JayCee0919
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2021, imgic wrote:
I recently got a Double cross and have played with a bit. The putty does seem a bit wobbly but doable. My bigger issue is "erasing" the mark on my hand.

Always seems to leave a smudge or tell-tale mark.

Any advice?

I try to "pinch" it off pretty hard and it comes right out - maybe touch a glass to get some condensation on your fingers if you're in that setting. If not, I usually just joke that I didn't get it all the first time and "let's not leave the job half done", or something. I think, since your audience may not know where the effect is going, it's not bad to leave a little smudge. It actually helps if the stamper doesn't quite do it's job...you can go back and say "well I did leave a little here"...

Hope that is helpful
JayCee0919
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of JayCee0919
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2021, Xcath1 wrote:
I am surprised about the the stamp not being fully inked. I would have to think a problem with stamp or the ink cartridge if I were a pro I would just get another on. You could remove the ink cartridge and replace with one that has been cut slightly longer or put something underneath your cartridge to make it stick out a little more

It's a famine or feast with this at times. Sometimes it's "over inked" and leaves a bit of smudge on the part surrounding the stamp - other times it pushes the ink-portion down into the Sharpie and doesn't make enough contact. In either case I've learned to check and test this prior to taking it out for an evening. My wife can tell when I do this by the number of X's on my upper arm Smile

I actually bought two since I lost (then found) one of the stampers - I love the effect so it's money well spent
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2536 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I always check it too. Las night it worked during “check” but then it was dry during performance. I think I will just have to replace my pre-COVID pen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Issues with Double Cross (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL