The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » False card-turn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MariusHaugan
View Profile
New user
Norway
91 Posts

Profile of MariusHaugan
Ok, I'm looking for a "false card turn" for showing a blank backed card to be (apparently) blank on both sides.

Does anyone have a good one to reccomend, or even better, want to teach me one on a privat PM perhaps? Smile

Best regards,
Marius Haugan.
"There is no branch of conjuring that so fully repays the amateur for his labor and study as sleight-of-hand with cards."
S.W Erdnase
amens
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amens
Watch out for any paddle move.

I think I got a tutor for a businesscardprint somewhere, that teaches some very nice and convincing moves, pm me for more informaton!
Chris Thibault
View Profile
Elite user
Massachusetts
469 Posts

Profile of Chris Thibault
I believe the "paddle" move you're talking about is the "Carlyle Turnover Move." I may be wrong, I'll check it out when I get home.
-Chris
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
If you're using more than one card, and it's cool to use a table top, the Mexican Turnover can better rather deceptive. But I'm not sure if it will fit your effect.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
As Firedice mentioned, depneding upon what your needs are, two cards in the hand can show one card to be balnk on both ...check out Jack Carpenters monte routine or Daryl Does the Full Monte for some ideas..
Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel are all you need to study to learn to play guitar.
MariusHaugan
View Profile
New user
Norway
91 Posts

Profile of MariusHaugan
Ok..

I just want to show one blank backed card, as blank on both sides. In the hands. With only one card in my hand.

So , kinda like a false turn over...
"There is no branch of conjuring that so fully repays the amateur for his labor and study as sleight-of-hand with cards."
S.W Erdnase
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26943 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
This is a standard move dating from pre-Hofzinser times. The standard pen-knife turnover works just fine.

Check out Matt Sedlack's eraser card trick for something nice using this sleight.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
docguitarman
View Profile
Elite user
Thousand Oaks, California
466 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Additional source:

The Carlyle false-turn is described in "Carlyle's Card" Phoenix No. 48, p.196

Phil
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6078 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2004, MariusHaugan wrote:
Ok..

I just want to show one blank backed card, as blank on both sides. In the hands. With only one card in my hand.

So , kinda like a false turn over...

Cervon/Vernon Through the Fist.

Some real gems by Cervon in Black and White Trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » False card-turn (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL