The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Something else I've been wasting my time with; (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I spend far too little of my time practicing, and far too much reading webcomics!

Here's one of the webcomics I've been reading;

https://www.widdershinscomic.com/wdshn/sleight-of-hand-cover

Widdershins is a 19th Century world in which magic works. The magic is based on the Seven Deadly Sins, so you have to be careful if setting up a "Sleep" spell that you don't activate Sloth!

Our hero is Sidney Malik, a wizard in training who was expelled from the wizarding school six months ago when a "talent" developed that other people's property would somehow come into HIS possession! (He is completely unaware of the action, and doesn't know WHY things keep ending up in his pockets.) As the story starts, he's barely making money performing as a street magician. Then he comes into possession of something that should have been impossible to steal... and the story begins!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
AnthonyCC
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of AnthonyCC
Sounds like a very interesting concept, I will have to check it out!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Another alternate 19th Century world;

https://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.p......-WmhKjIU

Agatha Clay is a put upon student at a university for "mad science."

Over the course of the story, she is revealed to be the child/niece of The Heterodyne Boys, two mad scientists from a line of the most ruthless, dangerous meglomaniacs in a world KNOWN for them! The two guys are actually good guys, who disappeared 16 years ago.

More coming.
Their decendent, Agatha, turns out to be a master mad scientist... and hero!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Something else I've been wasting my time with; (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL