The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blind Flap by PH & Mario Tarasini (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
555 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
mantel
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of mantel
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
Regular user
Nelson
136 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
Sorry but I hate how you just leave a link without saying a word.

Quote:
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
555 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I usually include the ad copy as well, but I did not do that with my recent posts. I’ll try and do that going forward.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
555 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2020, mantel wrote:
You mean Blind Flap by phontheroof & Mario Tarasini


It’s not a Paul Harris effect. Sorry to disappoint.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Wow that looks stunning.

Madison
Andy W
View Profile
New user
Chicago
28 Posts

Profile of Andy W
No hate and no disappointments. PH might not be as popular as Paul Harris but he is pretty well known.

for the people who try to argue that PH should not use PH since it can get mistaken for Paul Harris is just dumb. should learn to read the full text.

Quote:
On Sep 9, 2020, Phatmeat wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2020, mantel wrote:
You mean Blind Flap by phontheroof & Mario Tarasini


It’s not a Paul Harris effect. Sorry to disappoint.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of mantel
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1964 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, mantel wrote:
Image

phontheroof


😂😂
Andy W
View Profile
New user
Chicago
28 Posts

Profile of Andy W
Clearly my point. thank you for pointing out that you are one of the special people that needs special care.

Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, mantel wrote:
Image

phontheroof
mantel
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, Andy W wrote:
Clearly my point. thank you for pointing out that you are one of the special people that needs special care.

You're welcome. Thanks for re-posting the image, much appreciated!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2088 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Apparently there's some arts & crafts involved, which they neglect to mention in the ad copy.
GusGarcia
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of GusGarcia
Great, now that’s settled and out of the way. Does anyone have an actual review?
Troyze
View Profile
New user
Johannesburg
82 Posts

Profile of Troyze
I jump on it.

the ad copy is accurate IMO. the name already says it's a Flap and ad copy says you only get a video. so if you think this is a sleight of hand thing. I don't know what to tell you man.

the gimmick is easy to build you will have on problem with it if you know how to build a flap. I got it done in about 15 mins.

it's angle sensitive as well. good for video. live close up will be doable but needs practice.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, Troyze wrote:
the ad copy is accurate IMO. the name already says it's a Flap and ad copy says you only get a video. so if you think this is a sleight of hand thing.


Quote:
There is nothing new when a card visually changes color. The market is flooded with hundreds of visual color changes variations base on a few dozen methods.

Try it out now!


I know they’re translating from Korean, but if the ad copy is correct why would the consumer buy it if there is nothing new.

Implies that the consumer can try it out upon receiving the video, but not every consumer will have what is necessary to build it,
Troyze
View Profile
New user
Johannesburg
82 Posts

Profile of Troyze
I think you are pulling the information out of context.

the selling point in the ad copy is this part....

"But what if you can do a visual color change with a coin on top.

The same coin on top of a card before and after the card color change."

This is the reason why people should buy...

I do agreed the "try it out now" is a bad choice of word in English.



this is the full ad copy one

CGI level visual insanity that can be done in real life!

There is nothing new when a card visually changes color. The market is flooded with hundreds of visual color changes variations base on a few dozen methods.

But what if you can doa visual color change with a coin on top.

The same coin on top of a card before and after the card color change.

Crazy right?

Give yourself a chance.

Watch the trailer to see for yourself.

Try it out now!


Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, mantel wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, Troyze wrote:
the ad copy is accurate IMO. the name already says it's a Flap and ad copy says you only get a video. so if you think this is a sleight of hand thing.


Quote:
There is nothing new when a card visually changes color. The market is flooded with hundreds of visual color changes variations base on a few dozen methods.

Try it out now!


I know they’re translating from Korean, but if the ad copy is correct why would the consumer buy it if there is nothing new.

Implies that the consumer can try it out upon receiving the video, but not every consumer will have what is necessary to build it,
mantel
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of mantel
But, the flap card is one of the few dozen methods of visual color changes.
Troyze
View Profile
New user
Johannesburg
82 Posts

Profile of Troyze
Then you would know a normal flap cannot achieve what is shown in the trailer shows. so it's not a normal flap.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1353 Posts

Profile of Stucky
A color change with a coin on top has already been done with Alex Kolle's Hawk 2.0. I;m curious the differences.
Official Thread Killer
mantel
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of mantel
Can anyone guess what company published The Hawk 2.0 by Alexander Kolle?

PAUL HARRIS PRESENTS!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blind Flap by PH & Mario Tarasini (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL