We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Turbo Stick guilt (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1656 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
I'm a failure at using this prop, meaning, I've never used it and had it for years. Even though everyone raved about it, I could never get over how cheesy it looks after I got it in my hands. I also had trouble believing people would be amazed, or even slightly fooled, by what is going on- magicians guilt maybe.
I always wanted to give it a go because of all the rave reviews so I've been fooling around with it again. I want to try it out just to finally see how it plays for me. My handling I've come up with involves drawing little rabbit heads. This sets up an appearance for going into sponge bunnies.
Has anyone else gone into the bunnies with it like this?
I like the theme - magician/ bunnies - I think it will play well. Just wondering if any have gone before and could maybe use some encouragement to finally do this.
Thanks!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22506 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Paddle effects is one the most magical props a magician can perform. It mystifies both children and adults, and you can get some laughs, and surprising responses from spectators. Then it is easy to carry and always be ready at a moments notice.

Cheezy is good, meaning it is looks at as a simple object, and in the end they can even be handed to the spectators if you wish, as there is nothing to find.

What is more important then things you mention you are not pleased with is, the patter you use, and the routine you use or have designed. You are suppose to be an entertainer. The stick does not entertain, the magician does.

Richard Sander is selling this effect with a DVD that contains several routines. Maybe you should invest in his offering. There also a 3 stick outfit for the extension of the routine.

Put the work in this prop and you will never leave home without it.

I bet you would not have purchased it if you had to pay $50 for it, you get what you pay for, you pay less then $10 for it and expect it to be made out of gold or imported rare wood. I think not. Your thinking is or reason for not performing it, makes no sense.

Now go by a $700 dollar suit and and get out and perform.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6748 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Bill is spot-on here! Learn to do the paddle effect with just about anything! Make a Bic lighter change!

An ordinary Bic lighter has a little logo on one side. One can do the paddle effect, and show it on both sides, and erase one! Hand it back!

Some Bic lighters have a design on one side. One can do the paddle effect with a business card as well! It's a little knacky, but with practice it works!

I must have 20 different paddle effects! The clear hot rod's my favorite! I got that from Tannen as a 3 rod set.

I like the idea of the Turbo Stick! I'll see if Penguin' s got one! Thanks guys! Smile

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Done! Just bought it!
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
This is one of the things I always take with me to a gig. I use it to transition into spongeballs.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5062 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I think going into sponge bunnies would be fine. On the video instructions he draws a red ball and produces a red sponge ball. Have at it. I love mine.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1077 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Some of the reviews claim the paddle materiel was poor, is this true?
Is the paddle opaque or somewhat transparent? Poor dry erase surface?
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

I tdd can be semi transparent in some light. You just have to olay with it and know how the light effects it. Its not a bad prop. You just have to get used to it.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1656 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Thanks for the replies!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Mine is flawless!

Doug
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Are you sayimg that in bright light you cant see a red spot through it? I have gone through multiple and they will all reveal a spot on the other side in bright light. Its not a deal breaker but you should be aware.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I don't think I'll use it in that bright of light. What I don't like is the link to the instructions gives me a 404 error!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22506 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
404 errors means the server was found, but the page has been deleted, and can't be found. I suggest you contact the source, Penguin Magic or where you purchased the trick. Check to make sure the link address is correctly typed and formatted if you can.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

No. It has been changed. That must be an old one. Contact Sanders he will take care of you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Turbo Stick guilt (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.55 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL