The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Do male doves get along with each other? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmike001
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of magicmike001
Is it okay if male doves are together? At the bird store ther is about 20 doves in one cage. How do you pick out a pair of doves. Will the doves be happy?

thanks
mike
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5120 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mike, males doves are very territorial and will almost always fight unless they're kept in a large aviary. There are exceptions but that's a general rule.

Picking out a mated pair can be difficult unless you are buying them from a breeder. You can get a male and a female but there is no guarantee that they'll mate and have offspring.

I guess if you see them smile, that would mean they're happy. Smile Sorry, just had to say that. I'm not sure about being happy but they can be content and friendly once they get to know you.
Where the magic begins
magicmike001
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of magicmike001
Thanks Dave, I'm going to pick out my birds this Saturday.

thanks
Michael
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
NO NO NO! I've just had a really bad experience with male doves. I only have one female and the doves have been nearly killing each other. They have had their eyes nearly pecked out, wings broken, and hair plucked from one poor doves head. Now I've seperated them and they are all recovering. Never again.
Matt
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20507 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Matt,

A hairy headed dove? We do accept them as family, don't we? (I actually love to hear that!)

In my family, the human males tend to have light colored eyes and the girls have brown eyes. Once my daughter explained the reason away to my dad with her assumption that we get the brown eyes from the horses! We're next of kin I guess. She is now 19 and does very well professionally training and showing American Quarter Horses nationally.

Maybe she's right! Pass the oats, please.

Pets, partners and family, that's a good match!

Bob
The talking horse, hairy headed dove, and Anna's dad that does magic, of course
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
OMG no! erm....my rabbit was keeping its bald head warm!
Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Do male doves get along with each other? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL