The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Buskers Vest (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1162 Posts

Profile of imgic
With some down time, trying to prepare for future, and am looking to get a vest. Understand that Busker Gear (Bobby Maverick) is no longer making busker vests. So am looking to perhaps have one made by local tailor.

What features should be included? What all was in buskers vests? Those of you who have/had vests, what did you use? What did you not use? What do you wish you’d had?

Greatly appreciate thoughts, comments, and any input.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Vandecarr
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Vandecarr
Even if you found it available, do not ever buy ANYTHING from Bobby Maverick
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
133 Posts

Profile of Nickoli Sharpe
Howdy,
I have had a couple vest altered.
A topit is number one even if you don’t use one you might later.
Light materials, I had breathers put under each arm pit for air also had diamond shape mesh put in the back for air.
Inside pockets both sides.
Lastly without saying it should be comfortable.
Nickoli
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1162 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2020, Vandecarr wrote:
Even if you found it available, do not ever buy ANYTHING from Bobby Maverick

Sadly, I’ve heard stories and wouldn’t buy form him even if available.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1162 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2020, Nickoli Sharpe wrote:
Howdy,
I have had a couple vest altered.
A topit is number one even if you don’t use one you might later.
Light materials, I had breathers put under each arm pit for air also had diamond shape mesh put in the back for air.
Inside pockets both sides.
Lastly without saying it should be comfortable.
Nickoli

Do you have a topit that empties into lower pocket?
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
133 Posts

Profile of Nickoli Sharpe
It is Michael Ammar style.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5346 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The real question is what routines do you perform that require specialized clothing, i.e., a custom made vest.

I can tell you what one of my vests includes but it is doubtful it that information will be of help unless you are doing what I'm doing.

My vest is a three-pocket and three-button style. That is it has one breast pocket and two lower (larger) pockets and held closed by three buttons. That is a pretty standard pattern for a vest. There are some four-pocket vests out there and some with two to four buttons It is made from a heavy cotton broadcloth material. Blue front panels and black back and interior lining. It was cut roomy for me. Being roomy helps hide what needs hidden and helps with cooling (important feature). All pocket edges/openings are reinforced to bow open a bit and to keep there shape under constant use.

The right side breast pocket is really a cloth tube such that anything of weight put in the pocket will drop into the right side Toppit and can be retrieved via the outside lower pocket. This is invaluable for a coin or ring vanish. I have a silk handkerchief (9" silk) normally tucked in this pocket and does not hinder the vanish of the coin or ring in any way. Of course the silk hank is used for the vanishing and reappearing silk ("Ragged Red Handkerchief of Doom!"). It is parked in the breast pocket after that routine. It adds a bit of color.

The inside the right lower pockets has a loop installed for a thumb-tip. There is a holder built inside the vest just below the top button hole for an ITR.

Both lower pockets have access to a Toppit. Both lower pockets are made oversize for ease of putting my hands into them and are deeper than the opening to the Toppit such as they can carry items easily and got get in the way of the access to the topic.

The front edge of each Toppit is open and anchored just under the top button (or top button hole) for "vesting" into the Toppit. It is a pretty unique design.

That's it for me. Not a lot but meets my performing needs.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Buskers Vest (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.72 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL