The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mighty Heart (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I haven't been able to find the longshot feature clip I referred to here, online, but perhaps it will become available leading up to the next race in Canada's "triple crown". Not sure if they'll put him in, but folks might be talking about him and putting more about him out there.

Of course, there is video of the Queen's Plate:

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Here's the little bio video I've been looking for- it's up on facebook. I'm not sure if the link is public, so FWIW:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=830803884125615
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Mighty Heart runs again October 24. He has his own Instagram now. Smile

https://www.instagram.com/mightyheart.tb/?hl=en
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Mighty Heart lost his one eye during a paddock accident with his mother as a foal.

Does he go better on a left or right handed course?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I don't know if he's run a track in the opposite direction to usual, but he seems to do very well with the rail on his left even though he's lost that eye. His groom has referred to that a bit. She's stated he really has to trust his jockey, and, as can be seen, he's very aware and responsive. Great question, tommy. Smile

https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/sports......-497951/

"'When we were walking through the tunnel – we were going so slowly – Renee kept saying, 'We've got to hurry up!' And I said, 'No… this is his speed and we're not going to run the race before we get there.'

"As the trio continued their journey to the paddock, Brown readied the 3-year-old Ontario-bred, making his stakes debut, for what was waiting.

"'I said, 'Willy, there are going to be a lot of cameras. There is going to be a lot of excitement. I know you're ready to go, but you need to listen to your jockey. You're going to go in the gate, you're going to get a clean break, and you're going to listen to Daisuke [rider, Fukumoto]. You're going to find a good spot early and when you come home, you just go, buddy.'”

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/peopl......e-crown/
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Woodbine course looks wonderful. https://woodbine.com/

It is particularly difficult to win the Canadian Triple Crown because the races are not only run over different distances but also on three different surfaces, so the horse that does it has to be very versatile. The next race is on grass or turf as we call it here and the going can vary with the weather. If he does it, it will be a great feat for both horse, trainer and jockey, etcetera. Our Triple Crown races are over different distances but are all on grass and spaced out better to give horses a chance recover. Still he looks a very good horse and good luck.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
The schedule was altered this year due to Covid, so that's been a concern. His trainer has mentioned the weather will certainly be a factor, as you say.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
25 days between one race and another may enough to recover but know that a horse can lose up to 5% of his body weight in a one-mile race; for an average-sized Thoroughbred, this calculates to more than 50 lbs and his last race was a mile and quarter as I recall.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Https://horseweigh.com/about-horse-weigh/reviews/

"A thoroughbred at peak fitness should put back the lost weight within three to four days if all remains well with them, though individual rates vary and some even make a full recovery within 24 hours."

I did not know that.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mighty Heart (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL