The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alias Wallet by Colin McLeod (159 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..18~19~20 [Next]
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Thanks for sharing the wonderful ideas here team!

The masterclass is a free bonus for people who buy the wallet directly from me. At present there are only 25 places remaining.

It will be held at 7pm Pacific on Thursday the 29th and available for viewing for 72 hours after.

Remember, if you have questions or things you’d like me to cover regarding the wallet, email Colin@Psych-Artist.com .

Much love,
Colin
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2020, 1KJ wrote:
This phrase is both intense and light hearted. My character is a blend of serious and not serious. It sounds odd, but I think of good movies and how they carry their spectators through a rollercoaster of emotions, some serious, some lighthearted. I think it is more entertaining than a more confined character.

I also like the way Colin holds his hands over his eyes. I haven't done that, but I am going to try it. It seems that if your eyes can see the wallet, but not their eyes, then their eyes can't see your eyes, and it comes across like your eyes are completely obscuring your view, which is overkill, and in this case, I think that is good.

KJ

-Not odd at all and I say that your premise is along my type of thinking too.

As far as a hand over the eyes; I like to over exagerate for moments as part of the lightheartedness and make squinty eyes along with facial gestures that indicate I might actually have gas. Moving the hands from covering the eye to the mouth or ears, pincing the nose and back to the eyes could add more of that element. Place a card to stick to your forehead that has a picture of an eye on it and attempt to cover that too and make motions as if you are trying to cover all three eyes.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I cannot think of any act, effect or routine in which any prop would need to be justified for its use when there is a story that goes along with your performance.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
The wallet's inclusion is already justifies, yes? After all, you have to take the wallet out to get a card to draw on, so it's already in play. More importantly is justifying why they're writing anything down.

Plus,since you pulled the wallet out to get a card, once the card is replaced the wallet *could* be immediately put back in the pocket, removing it from play. And it would be already set up to use again, yes?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Yup.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
{@ESPMAGIC}

... Exactly.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I'm not normally a fan of drawings being put into wallets during drawing duplications but if you like the idea of using a wallet this looks by far the cleanest way to go; and you could argue that in more casual situations this makes more sense than bringing out a stack of business cards. I'm always impressed by how far Colin McLeod tries to go in pursuit of the cleanest possible effect.
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Anyone else here having problems retrieving the drawing from the wallet? I need tweezers or sometimes even pliers to be able to pull the business card out of the peek slot. Even with the money clip and the secret thingy open, the slot is still to tight to get the business card out.
I tried fanning powder to make the cards slip in and out more easily, but that doesn't help.
Its also very hard to push the business card in all the way, or deep enough. There is a lot of resistance.
When the wallet is completely empty, apart from the business card, it still is impossible to retrieve the card without a tool. I can now put two fingers inside of the slot after trying to loosen it.

It certainly isn't a easy as Colin makes it seem in the video.

BTW: apart from this issue I love the wallet and the method. Is quick, direct and invisible. I also tried to find the secret before watching the video and it took me a looong time to find it. Smile
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Yeah same here, very tight. But I suspect time will "wear" it open more. I'm being more liberal in stretching it as I work it.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2020, Bartelli wrote:

BTW: apart from this issue I love the wallet and the method. Is quick, direct and invisible. I also tried to find the secret before watching the video and it took me a looong time to find it. Smile

Right. This made me wonder if you could hand the wallet to the spectator and let him put the card back. Then somehow get peak when you get the wallet back
Lakewood, Ohio
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2020, j100taylor wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2020, Bartelli wrote:

Right. This made me wonder if you could hand the wallet to the spectator and let him put the card back. Then somehow get peak when you get the wallet back

Surely it's much stronger to never go near the wallet again after the card is put inside it?
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
He’d be holding a wallet with your money and credit cards. It would be natural to take the wallet back after he puts the card in order to put the wallet back in your pocket.
Lakewood, Ohio
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Well, after mention of the Masterclass, I had no resistance left anymore and bought this
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2020, dooblehorn wrote:
Well, after mention of the Masterclass, I had no resistance left anymore and bought this

You won't regret it.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
My business cards are able to stick out a little bit making retrieving it very very simple and easy. I also only use one credit card per slot like I would normally do in my wallet anyway with proper management you will always have them place the drawing in the correct space. Hope that helps.

Good magic to all,

Eric
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Mine was snug when I first got it, but after packing it tight with business cards while practicing its much better. I really love this btw
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2020, j100taylor wrote:
He’d be holding a wallet with your money and credit cards. It would be natural to take the wallet back after he puts the card in order to put the wallet back in your pocket.

That would make sense but then there’s a subtle increased emphasis on the wallet and at that point, you would need to justify and create the moment you do the work. Psychologically the handling and method Colin employs here is more disarming. Think about how much more disarming it is for billet envelope work when you seemingly leave the billet in the envelope with the spectator to hold on to. Because the wallet is so personal, if you had someone hold on to it for a moment, it doesn’t create suspicion. I refer to it as the lesson taught in Dean Dill’s Blizzard. Even if when you do the work for Blizzard and you didn’t nail it perfectly square, if you try to correct it after doing the work, if you go anywhere near it after doing the work, from my experience you have a high rate of being caught (this should make sense to people who know how Dean Dill’s Blizzard works).

“Natural-ness” is an important aspect but sometimes the more disarming thing might not be the most natural thing...
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Good points Kiss. You could justify it by doing the necessary as you pull out another card to draw on. I only brought this option up because
1 Holding the wallet out in an awkward grip while the spec fumbles it in is a slight weak spot
2 The wallet is so well made that it is almost a shame not to let them handle it freely
However I will probably do it as Colin teaches
Lakewood, Ohio
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2020, j100taylor wrote:
Good points Kiss. You could justify it by doing the necessary as you pull out another card to draw on. I only brought this option up because
1 Holding the wallet out in an awkward grip while the spec fumbles it in is a slight weak spot
2 The wallet is so well made that it is almost a shame not to let them handle it freely
However I will probably do it as Colin teaches

I've been asking the spect to take a business card out and hand it to me (as extras are in the bill clip section). Very disarming imo and draws the attention to me rather than any interest in the wallet.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I like it
Lakewood, Ohio
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alias Wallet by Colin McLeod (159 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL