The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alias Wallet by Colin McLeod (159 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20 [Next]
olooki
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of olooki
I guess the Christmas spirit just brought it out of me...
Wow, look.... I'm up to 4. that's like .22 posts per year.
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
358 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
Isn't this a wallet that you can't put into your back pocket? I recall hearing that something in the wallet might break if you sit on it. That's a deal killer for me, unfortunately.

Richard
Wolfsbora
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Wolfsbora
If one has the Viper wallet, is there a need/use for the Alias wallet? Considering the various p***s in the Viper, I am struggling to justify buying the Alias wallet. Especially since I'm not a wallet collector.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2021, rrubin98 wrote:
Isn't this a wallet that you can't put into your back pocket? I recall hearing that something in the wallet might break if you sit on it. That's a deal killer for me, unfortunately.

Richard

Yes, something may break.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I waited a very long time since 1982 to buy a wallet that can accomplish what this does when I saw the video I actually thought there is no way this was really done and there might have been some way that he knew what the card was going to be or what the drawing was going to be I should say but I took a chance and my wife got this for me for Christmas and I have to say I absolutely love this wallet and it was exactly what I was waiting for I put my wallet in my front pocket anyway because I have back problems and was already told putting a wallet in your back pocket it help irritate any back problems you may have so I've been using my wallet in my front pocket for a long time now over 10 years. This is everything I was hoping it was and more.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2021, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2021, rrubin98 wrote:

Richard

Yes, something may break.

I have got this, and I think that, as long as you, teenagerwise, actual or at heart, Smile not wear your trousers very low down on your hips, the small bending of this wallet when sitting down, in a "grown up fashion", (and not really sitting directly ON it), should not damage the wallet's gimmick.

I must confess though, that I have not dared to try to bend it very much yet, but isn't it of some kind of plastic material, Colin?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Hmm, no one is voting for this on the trick of the year thread, I'm surprized
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, takeachance wrote:

Only because every sane person will be voting for Drew's Elementary Smile

This is a fantastic device though and deserves all the praise it gets.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2021, 252life wrote:
Quote:

I would think Elementary would fall into the book of the year category but I’m not familiar with all of the rules of what qualifies as a trick or book.
Plus, I believe you get to choose 3 tricks for TOTY.
But that aside, Alias Wallet would very likely be in my top 3, and quite possibly #1.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2021, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2021, 252life wrote:
Quote:

I would think Elementary would fall into the book of the year category but I’m not familiar with all of the rules of what qualifies as a trick or book.
Plus, I believe you get to choose 3 tricks for TOTY.
But that aside, Alias Wallet would very likely be in my top 3, and quite possibly #1.

Good points touché Smile
I never (?) voted anyway tbh. I’d agree though. Not sure what my third choice would be yet though hmmmm.
There’s definitely been some losers of late for sure, but also some solid stuff imo. I’d probably knee jerk go with Don’t Forget to Play by Nico.

But...! Not trying to side track this thread so I’ll close by saying again, this is a great device and I’d 100% recommend it. Colin’s insights are worth having period anyway imo.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Straight “trick” though maybe Mental Die even though it’s not really new...

-Theodore Annemann
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I don't know if I would vote it as the trick of the year or not I do know it is the very first peek wallet I've ever bought because it met all of the specifications I was looking for.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Hi Guys,

Colin contacted me some time back and I've had a chance to check out the wallet. This is a great slim-style peek device that will no doubt serve you well if this fits your style. The quality seems great and the peek is fast and effective.

As some have mentioned, there are similarities between this and my PaC Stack device. While researching this method when I released my Annihilation Wallet (which uses a similar method), I've found the earliest reference for this type of method used in a wallet was published by Richard Mark(if my recollection is correct). I can't say for sure if that device was a wallet or a portfolio type of device.

Congratulations on a great wallet Colin!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Could the I.D. window be re-engineerd at home to allow a secondary p**k using a piece of privacy fil**er?
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2021, bond19 wrote:
Could the I.D. window be re-engineerd at home to allow a secondary p**k using a piece of privacy fil**er?

If you mean Alias wallet...if possible it wouldn't be a secondary peek..as orientation of drawing would change, so if you could do that, it would still be one or the other.
Hope that makes sense.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
I will be more clear Geggy. Could the Alias wallet be altered so the I.D window could be re-worked into a p**k window giving you the option to p**k using Colins method or if you wanted to p**k words you could do so via the I.D window? And could this be permanently set-up so you could alternate between the two p**k options should you wish?
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
I will be more clear Geggy. Could the Alias wallet be altered so the I.D window could be re-worked into a p**k window giving you the option to p**k using Colins method or if you wanted to p**k words you could do so via the I.D window? And could this be permanently set-up so you could alternate between the two p**k options should you wish?

No, the construction of the gimmick fundamentally precludes this option.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:

OK, see what you mean..not sure but... if you own it you could be brave and cut and tinker and maybe achieve your goal...but if you succeeded there would be no need for the peek which is part of what imo. makes this wallet so good.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Might be possible to do both but not at the same time nor having the option to switch between them on the fly. A much better solution would be to buy an Alias and a Shadow and use one or the other as you wish. Not sure there is an advantage to having one wallet do both other than the cost.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
If I’m reading this correctly I think you’d achieve what you need just by changing the angle when you take the p&&k.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alias Wallet by Colin McLeod (159 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL