The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anverdi's Mental Die (156 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey guys,

Last year we released the 3 Color Mental Dice Set and it flew off the shelves. We heard your comments about wanting to receive the read through a thumper, so we immediately went to work to make it a reality!
Today we have a brand-new release we are incredibly proud and excited to share with the magic community! Tony Anverdis Mental Die is a single electronic die with a thumper that delivers your notifications through vibrations. There are multiple vibration modes, including a soft mode where you can safely palm the thumper without worry. The coolest part is that the thumper will also connect with your 3 Color Mental Dice Set, so you will never have to peek the number, you can just feel it.
It comes with 5 routines just to get you started as well as an arm/leg band and a clip so you never run out of places to hide your thumper.
Mental Die is available in Black or White.

More information on Mental Die:

https://www.murphysmagic.com/anverdi/products/mentaldie/

More information on Tony Anverdis line of products:

https://www.murphysmagic.com/anverdi/products/
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
It would be really great if the trailer for this wasn't plastered all over youtube.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
It would also be great for owners of the mental die set to be able to purchase JUST the receiver
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, Mac_Stone wrote:
It would be really great if the trailer for this wasn't plastered all over youtube.

They don’t care about real performers or the necessity to keep tools like this secret, they care about profit. a the more eyes that see the trailers directly relate to how many more units they will sell.... simple math.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, Magicalos wrote:
It would also be great for owners of the mental die set to be able to purchase JUST the receiver

I asked Penguin. They replied that the only way to obtain the new receiver is to order the new single-die version.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Wow, I want one. Supereffect, sure.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, jerdunn wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, Magicalos wrote:

I asked Penguin. They replied that the only way to obtain the new receiver is to order the new single-die version.

Maybe if enough people ask then Murphy’s can start working
On an update pack with just the Thunder for existing owners
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Not a fan that the publicly accessible product trailer exposes all the details about this. But then again, magicians should be working out their effects/routines to where the use of a innocent looking prop doesn't come to suspicion that causes the audience to google the words magic and die together.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
971 Posts

Profile of brainman
Too much exposure through this marketing maschinery. And my promystical heart bleeds a bit...
; )
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
The degree of exposure in this trailer is unbearable Murphys Magic!
Don’t tell us that only magician will see this.
This is how you treat secrets? Shame on you!
I don’t think Anverdi would have support this behavior (also with ProMystic’s side of the story).
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
Ok to be slightly controversial and before I get slated I’m a huge ProMystic fan and own most of the effects.
But at this price point it looks incredible value for money compared to RD, and yes I’m fully aware of the fantastic customer service advantage of dealing with PM.
Chuds
maklakmak
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
This is madness. A thumper is now available which will work with my three mental dice - however, in order to get it I must also buy a fourth die. I don't want yet another die but I do want a thumper. Is that too much to ask?
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
I believe the originator of this effect, Marc Antoine developed and released a thumper which is available separately and works with both Mental Dice.
It also has a cool app so a photograph prediction on your phone changes with the dice.

Well worth checking out, not only supporting the creator but the guy who's innovations keep getting copied.

https://dodymagic.com/product/original-mental-dice-complete/
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
This is outright, unrepentant theft. Period. On top of that, it's unbelievable that they choose to expose it all over social media. Stealing and exposing what they've stolen, and lying about it all along the way. I hope they are sued over this. It's disgusting.

It isn’t at all, are you fully informed in business copyright laws btw. I’m not saying it’s ethical but legally it’s correct. Because you may or may not have spent a considerable amount on a product previously does not make it unjust that a manufacturer has made a similar product at nearly 80% less. And yes I have paid a premium for a similar product previously so feel slightly overcharged!
Chuds
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, maklakmak wrote:
This is madness. A thumper is now available which will work with my three mental dice - however, in order to get it I must also buy a fourth die. I don't want yet another die but I do want a thumper. Is that too much to ask?

You're framing it incorrectly. A thumper receiver is now available. It is $149 (same price as Promystic's receivers). As a FREE BONUS you get an extra die.

s
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, chuds wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
This is outright, unrepentant theft. Period. On top of that, it's unbelievable that they choose to expose it all over social media. Stealing and exposing what they've stolen, and lying about it all along the way. I hope they are sued over this. It's disgusting.

It isn’t at all, are you fully informed in business copyright laws btw. I’m not saying it’s ethical but legally it’s correct. Because you may or may not have spent a considerable amount on a product previously does not make it unjust that a manufacturer has made a similar product at nearly 80% less. And yes I have paid a premium for a similar product previously so feel slightly overcharged!

Marc Antoine came up with the 3 dice effect and the colour reader. He let Murphy's wholesale it, Murphy's then release their copy. It may not be illegal, but I don't like the ethics at all. Marc makes a thumper - Murphy's release a thumper.
Marc can only compete with his innovations, but Murphy's can copy and manufacture cheaper.

It is a shame money is more important than doing the right thing.

All things aside, Marc's product complete with Thumper and App is better. It is more expensive because he doesn't have the economies of scale Murphy's do.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
Hello All –

I hope everyone is staying safe and in good health!!

I wanted to make a brief statement pertaining to the Anverdi Line of magic.

MENTAL DIE THUMPER:
We had planned to release the thumper alone for $149.95. After a lot of thought
we decided to add a die and charger to the package for the same price. The thumper itself is worth
the price. It has more options than any other thumper on the market today. It is also the most affordable
thumper on the market..

ANVERDI RIGHTS:
For almost fifteen years Murphy’s Magic Supplies has owned the right to the entire line of Anverdi
products. This includes Mental Dice, Color Match, Talking Skull, Spirit Bell, and many other effects.

Many companies have released these products without contacting Murphys or asking permission.
We never went after anyone nor have we asked for money, etc.

I feel it is very important to know that the rights to ALL these effects belong to Murphy’s Magic Supplies.
As well, ALL of these effects were created by Tony Anverdi.

Patrick
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
There is no record of Anverdi ever creating the three dice trick now known as Mental Dice.
He did make a large stage die effect. Completely different in workings and design.

The dice effect created by Marc Antoine is different, it uses three dice and includes unique designs such as the colour coded reader.

By all means make the Anverdi creation. Good luck with that.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
A little birdie told me about the forthcoming Anverdi Mental Die Thumper right after the Anverdi Mental Dice were released. The Thumper would have been released sooner, but the pandemic screwed up manufacturing timelines.

I’m very pleased it is finally here. My order has been placed. I was expecting to pay about $150 for the Thumper so getting an additional die is icing on the cake.

If Marc Antoine had offered his Thumper to previous buyers of his Mental Dice for $99 (as he was offering that price to new buyers of his Mental Dice), I would have purchased his Thumper by now. But, instead, he wanted the customers that supported him the earliest (and paid the most for his Mental Dice) to shell out DOUBLE what new buyers were asked to pay for his Thumper.

So, thank you Marc Antoine, your poor treatment of previous customers caused me to continue to wait and look at the wonderful early Christmas present we get from Murphy’s!

Thank you, Murphy’s!

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Have you asked Marc?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anverdi's Mental Die (156 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL