The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anverdi's Mental Die (138 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11~12~13 [Next]
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3153 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I just ordered the white dice from Penguin magic really looking foward to this !
FredNarlo
View Profile
Loyal user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
293 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
Everyone, I’m very happy with my black and white Anverdi Dice I received today. Everything pairs fine with the 3-Dice set also. A real winner.
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2020, FredNarlo wrote:
I will have a white and black (with receivers) delivered on Tuesday. I also have the Anverdi 3 Dice Set.

I will report back how the receivers interact with the Anverdi 3 Dice Set and the black and white. I’m curious.


Hi FredNarlo.

I have a question, 'cause I am a bit confused.

I understand you alreay had 3 dice set. So, why did you buy both black and white this time? You had a white die already?

Am I missing something?
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3153 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Maybe he has a lot of money to spend I don't get it either if you want all the colors available you only needed to buy the black one.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5827 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have a real die from Promystic that I bought in 2010 from Craig that still works flawlessly and has never needed charging ( it can’t be charged only the thumper can ) . It cost me £500 back then and it’s the best single investment I have ever made in magic . It’s a work horse and I think it’s something definitely worth having in your arsenal . These ones seem terrific value I must say Gaz 🙂
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3390 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Anyone know the size difference of the die between Promystic and Anverdi?
maklakmak
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
According to my ruler the Promystic die is a tad smaller (by about half a millimetre across)
maklakmak
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
Should have specified, I'm talking about the Promystic RDR.
godan65
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of godan65
Does anybody know / or has tested if the Anverdi thumper can be used to pick up signals from the Picasso app?
trickyat86
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
471 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
RD Standard 19mm
RD Rechargeable 16mm
Mental Die 15.8mm
If you think rocking a glitter vest or card print tie looks good, safe to assume our views on magic differ.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, godan65 wrote:
Does anybody know / or has tested if the Anverdi thumper can be used to pick up signals from the Picasso app?


I wouldn’t thinks so
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6250 Posts

Profile of RNK
Received my unit yesterday. Great instructional video along with some great ideas and routines. Works flawlessly and is super easy to use. Now, I have never been a big fan of using electronics in gigs (especially for mentalism routines) but I will be using this. Seeing the simplicity of this really encourages me to want to purchase Mental Dice to get the other colors and unit. But just don't have the cash right now due to gigs being so sparse along with my boys hockey season being in full gear so I will have to wait. I feel there are many situations I can use this for to compliment other mental routines I do that will really put an exclamation point at the end of the routine. I hope this is durable, that is my only concern and obviously won't know this until it has been driven for a while.

All in all, really like this a lot!


RNK
maklakmak
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:
RD Standard 19mm
RD Rechargeable 16mm
Mental Die 15.8mm

I don't know about manufacturing tolerances but my RDR is definitely smaller than the Mental Die. Perhaps someone else could do a physical comparison?
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
484 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Excited this works with the 3 die anverdi set, ordered a black version right away
trickyat86
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
471 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, maklakmak wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:
RD Standard 19mm
RD Rechargeable 16mm
Mental Die 15.8mm

I don't know about manufacturing tolerances but my RDR is definitely smaller than the Mental Die. Perhaps someone else could do a physical comparison?


I gathered the sizes from the Promystic site.
If you think rocking a glitter vest or card print tie looks good, safe to assume our views on magic differ.
maklakmak
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
I agree that according to the Mental Dice 'script', each die is 15.8mm. However, I've double checked and mine is over 16mm. I'm sure it does'nt matter in the great scheme of things. So I'll just shut up now.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6010 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, Magicalos wrote:
Excited this works with the 3 die anverdi set, ordered a black version right away


Seems like using a thumper with the 3 dice set is a step backwards to me.
People are thinking it’s cool just because it’s something new. It’s just marketing hype IMO.

Once the newness has worn off and they’ve gotten the results wrong a bunch of times they’ll be back to using the visual display.
It’s funny, because if people had been using a thumper for all 3 dice and they then released a visual display folks would be over the moon gushing as to what an improvement the display is.

Now let me be clear however, that using a thumper with ONLY A SINGLE die is definitely a useful tool and I can certainly see a need for that. But for more than one...nah. Because in that case it’s not solving a problem, it’s creating one.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jared
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, Magicalos wrote:
Excited this works with the 3 die anverdi set, ordered a black version right away


Seems like using a thumper with the 3 dice set is a step backwards to me.
People are thinking it’s cool just because it’s something new. It’s just marketing hype IMO.

Once the newness has worn off and they’ve gotten the results wrong a bunch of times they’ll be back to using the visual display.
It’s funny, because if people had been using a thumper for all 3 dice and they then released a visual display folks would be over the moon gushing as to what an improvement the display is.

Now let me be clear however, that using a thumper with ONLY A SINGLE die is definitely a useful tool and I can certainly see a need for that. But for more than one...nah. Because in that case it’s not solving a problem, it’s creating one.


I completely agree. What was most appealing about the Anverdi set of three is the visual monitor because you had more control over how fast or slow you could do each reveal because you didn't have to wait and count 'thumps'. But for a single die in play, I absolutely agree that a thumper is the best way to go.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6250 Posts

Profile of RNK
If you are using the Thumper for the 3 colored die then you can simply have them roll one dice at a time if you don't want to wait. Just a thought....
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2218 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anverdi's Mental Die (138 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL