The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Underneath - New from the creator of the Kn0win6 Game and the Carn3y Box (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2020, Winks wrote:
Unfortunately, the virus situation precludes using it an front of and getting reactions from anyone other than my pets. Willie has a more captive audience.

Pets?

You gotta get out more.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I had recieved mine recently so did not have time to play with it & work it into the lil parlour show I had planned on fri & Halloween.

However with Xmas season upon us, this will play fantastic with a Krampus themed show I'm working on. Toys that Santa could have left, or was it Krampus....??!!??
Starting off with perhaps an xmas story to set the mood with CC Dopps, Dan's Krampus,this, a few other xmas-ish effects & perhaps ending with the last toy - R1tual.

I'm excited to do a few pre xmas show in Mid/late Nov if all goes well & plan on using this to get a feel for Dec's show plans !
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2020, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2020, Winks wrote:
Unfortunately, the virus situation precludes using it an front of and getting reactions from anyone other than my pets. Willie has a more captive audience.

Pets?

You gotta get out more.

You haven't met my pets.
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Since Covid parcels coming to Australia take anywhere between one and three months to arrive. So it was with total amazement that I discovered that The Underneath had arrived two weeks after it shipped. My theory? Fear! The postal workers could sense the evil and wanted to get it off their hands as soon as they could.
Anyway, whatever the reason, demonic intervention being another possibility, it has arrived in Australia. Of course, I wanted to write a review straight away but that just wasn't going to happen. I've spent the last few days reading the pdf, playing with it myself and performing it to the world's worst audience, my family.
So what can I tell you? Clearly it is beautifully produced and looks, feels and smells exactly as it should. Steve has avoided the temptation to overage either the blocks or the box and I have no concerns that anybody would ever question that this is exactly what it purports to be, the worlds most evil children's toy. As for the performance it is a joy to perform and even my family sat attentively hanging on every word and believe me that never happens.
As I hope you can tell I absolutely love The Underneath and Steve has made it so easy to fit into so many kinds of routines. This fact alone is a huge deal for me. To have such a powerful effect that can be seamlessly slipped into such a wide range of routines makes this a priceless addition to my collection. Thanks Steve
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
It is utterly unique. I am so thankful that I have it to someday use for an audience.
bubbles
View Profile
New user
The 5th Dimension
99 Posts

Profile of bubbles
My set of The Underneath came and it looks, so, so, good.
It really does look like an actual product that was out there in the world, that you bought used from a garage sale or a thrift store.
It isn't weathered to death or made to look creepy in any way.
The wear and tear on the box and on the blocks is totally believable, which makes the effect that much more spooky and cool.
I cannot wait to use it and get reactions from real people when the pandemic ends.
In the meantime I'll be practicing in the house with it and working on what backstory(ies) I want to use and creeping myself out.
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
With the proper care and attention to presentation - The Underneath can be terrifying - I will say that I fully believe it to be one of the best props in bizarre magic next to R1tual - it looks as it is supposed to - no weird white spray paint to age it - no ridiculous "look how darkly magical I am" effect - Just pure expertly crafted terror in a box.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
I agree; the Underneath is something I will use (once the virus lifts a bit) And I was taken aback by the white on 2 props at first, put out by another. (W.T.F. ? was my exact thought) But in defense of the craftsman who created them (not the company who sold them) there's the context of performance. The talking board is played out in low light. It looks great in candle light. And the over-the-top occult look to it has served me well in the few times I've used it. The seances were over-the-top . All hell breaks loose at the end where I completely lose control. Yeah, more spookshow I know. I sometimes like spookshow... the maker also offered a traditional Fludd style board you could choose if you wanted something understated. A wonderful craftsman whose work I appreciate and am grateful to.
revenantproductions
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of revenantproductions
I regret that I missed this release, but if anyone is looking to part with theirs, please drop me a message as I'd love to put this into a show.
Tedbay
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Tedbay
Is this one still available? new to this thread and this looks amazing. thanks!

Ted
Tedbay
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Tedbay
Just learned this is not available any longer. If anyone is no longer using and selling their copy please let me know! thanks. - Ted
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Mine is listed for sale

I can ship for hopeful xmas delivery
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I am also looking for a set…does anyone have a set they’d be willing to part with?
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
Anyone has this for sale? If so PM me.

Thanks,

Bernardo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Underneath - New from the creator of the Kn0win6 Game and the Carn3y Box (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL