The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Depository » » 17 October is National Playing Card Collection Day! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
If you enjoy collecting playing cards, here's a date to note on your calendar: 17 October 2020. It's the fifth annual National Playing Card Collection Day.

Are you ready?

pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
581 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
LOL
If you are a Magician, you are probably ready and addicted already. Cards and boxes! Smile
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Alex Chin has just posted an official `deck reveal' video for this year's National Playing Card Collection Day.

Pre-orders open on October 17, at 9pm EST via the official site:

https://nationalcardcollectionday.com

Here's what Alex wrote about the deck over on United Cardists:

I received a lot of messages inquiring if there would be a 2020 NPCCD deck this year. I wanted to confirm yes there will be ... I think there is a slot for mini presentations Thursday based on the schedule in which I can pop something in for it to be revealed for streaming the convention. Official pre-order for the cards will be Saturday October 17th. I'll start pumping more pictures out after the official reveal Thursday.

Every year the latest NPCCD deck always becomes my new favorite deck I've created, and this year is no different. The 2020 NPCCD deck is one that I found a lot of solace in making as response to this year. The deck is solid on both fronts so that both tuck box and court card enthusiasts will enjoy. I hope to see you guys for the pre-order sale this Saturday .

There are 5 decks for the 5th anniversary each one representing a different spirit. A special 6th deck will only be available with the full set. Set numbers will be made to match meaning if you get a 6-deck set you'll also get lower numbers (if that interests you).

It's a more straightforward offering this year. There is no internal/external matrix to track like last year and of the 6 decks, 4 of them are actually completely different print runs to help make more clear as well.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Today is National Playing Card Collection Day! #CardCollectionDay

Taken from the official site:

CELEBRATE NATIONAL PLAYING CARD COLLECTION DAY

This October 17 is National Playing Card Collection Day

National Playing Card Collection Day celebrates the collection of one of the oldest forms of portable art (circa 1200s). Playing cards are literal galleries of art and inspiration, showing and communicating the intentions of an artist to the public while also archiving the cultural values of their time.

Collecting these art pieces allow us to be curators of our own galleries to display. These collections can be seen as extensions of the collector and this day is a time to celebrate and share their collections to the public.

How to Join In the Festivities

The true purpose of this holiday is to collect and connect with others who share your passion. There are plenty of ways to participate online or in person. Discover new decks, browse never before seen collections, and of course show off your own if you got one!

Feature your collections and decks on social media and tag #CardCollectionDay when sharing to see your collections along with others showcased on our website. This year when you join in you might even win a little something as well! (See more)

Celebrate the Holiday with the Official 2020 NPCCD Deck

It wouldn't be official if we didn't partake in one of the most fun parts of this holiday - CARD COLLECTING! Bring home a piece of playing card history with the FIFTH ANNUAL National Playing Card Collection Day deck.

Uncover the beautiful fresco paintings and hidden secrets of a long forgotten temple in this year’s Hindsight deck. Don’t miss out on this beautiful one-of-a-kind collection today.

Preorder starts Oct 17 / 9pm EST

Share and Win Contest Celebration

Join us in celebrating the Fifth Annual National Playing Card Collection Day! It's the day of the year where everyone around the world gets to show off our prized collections from our private domains to the public to be admired.

To celebrate we encourage you to share your personal card collections with the world by sharing and tagging your photos with #CardCollectionDay starting from now until October 23rd.

This year to make it even MORE fun we are giving away FREE PRIZES to those that participate so get out those cameras, tag those photos, and win some free cards to add to your collection!

3 Random Draw Winners including will win the prizes listed below.

Best Ways To Win:
● Get artistic with your photos.
● Play with scale. Show more cards to impress us with quantity or zoom in to show off the quality of your collection.
● Show off how you display your cards. A collection can be truly enhanced with a properly creative display.
● Tag your friends in your photos.
● Create multiple posts to increase your chances of winning.

Contest Rules:
● Tag #CardCollectionDay in your Instagram post and mention the holiday.
● Follow @portfolio_52 on Instagram
● Post can be photo or video.
● Only posts dated in the month of October 2020 will be eligible for contest. You are allowed to reuse older photos, but must republish them as new with #CardCollectionDay tag to be seen for judging.
● Contest ends midnight October 23rd CST.
● There is no entry limit.
● You can enter multiple categories to win, but no person can win more than once.
● Each category will have 1 random draw winner.
● Per Instagram rules, we must mention this is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Instagram, Inc. By entering, entrants confirm they are 13+ years of age, release Instagram of responsibility, and agree to Instagram’s term of use

https://nationalcardcollectionday.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Depository » » 17 October is National Playing Card Collection Day! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL