The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Brian Brushwood is not well. (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaKine Oregon
View Profile
New user
Medford, Oregon
48 Posts

Profile of DaKine Oregon
Some people hate him, others, including Diamond Jim Tyler, Nate Staniforth, Andrew Mayne, Daniel Garcia, Alex Rannel, David Rowyn, Mac King and Michael Ammar, love him. But I hope nobody actually wishes him any actual harm. Brian Brushwood announced today, September 24, 2020, on his Twitter account < @shwood > that he and his wife have both contracted COVID-19. I hope they both recover fully and quickly.

https://twitter.com/shwood/status/1309288241267380225?s=20
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5806 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Given his character, I’d bet on it being a publicity stunt.
Michael L
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Michael L
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2020, Tom Cutts wrote:

That seems like a lame thing to say about somebody. What is it about his character that makes you say that? He performed stunts for a living, but that's not the same thing as lying about an illness for publicity.
thecromulent
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
205 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:

What a phenomenally unkind thing to say.
DaKine Oregon
View Profile
New user
Medford, Oregon
48 Posts

Profile of DaKine Oregon
Quote:

I think the comment tells more about Mr. Cutt's character than about Mr. Brushwood's.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5806 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Well, yes, it does. Because it is my comment. Mr. Brushwood’s decades of scamming and selling out the ethics of magic for “fame And fortune” speak of his character. Look, I get it. You guys have no problem with a scammer out exposing magic on the www. And you take his dubious claims at face value. I just don’t.

I don’t wish him or his family any ill.
Michael L
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Michael L
But it's not the same thing. If I met Brian Brushwood at a bar and he put his hand down on the table and said, "I have four normal quarters under my hand" I wouldn't take it at face value. He doesn't have a history of lying about himself just to self-promote, so it's low to claim he's lying about an illness.
His YouTube channels have millions of subscribers, and he announced his illness on Twitter to people who already follow him, so I don't see what he has to gain by saying that he caught a disease that millions of others already have. It doesn't make him stand out.
Doric
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Doric
I'm with Tom. Brian is an attention seeker, don't believe a word he says.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Brian Brushwood is not well. (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL