The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Working? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
In my close up show I have changed it so nobody HAS to take cards. I have gloves (Like the buffets have for those using the same serving spoons.) if people WANT to take them or handle something. "Groups" are spaced by 6 feet, not individuals within those groups. It is different, but it is just life now.

That’s a good idea. I had thought about having a big pump bottle of sanitizer to offer for anyone that assisted or handled objects, but having gloves is probably even better.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22823 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2020, Bairefoot wrote:
Yep. Same thing here. But, to be honest the people are really getting tired of being told to wear the mask.

Maybe it would be better to do as they did a hundred years ago with last pandemic. They sent the police out in the streets and anyone not wearing a mask was shot dead. The documentary on YouTube will enlighten you of how serious not wearing a mask, by simply coughing of talking to close to a person, can kill them in a most suffering manner.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea that has no bias at all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22823 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It is not about bias, it is coming together as a county of citizens and doing your part to save lives. If not then you are not an American.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is about a lot.

And by the way it is about a lot more than just America.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22823 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Do you watch the news, most of the European countries followed the instructions, and many of them are totally clear of the virus.

It is about America, how come we heard on the news about China having the virus outbreak, then not 2 days later, the news reported that the virus hit Chicago.

New York, was just not up on how to handle a lock out with all those cruise ships landing and Air Ports not supervised at all.

At that time, the U.S. was punishing China, and already has sanctions against Russia, not to much mentioned about North Korea.

Here is a lesson how history repeats itself, but they don't teach American history in schools any more.

It would be interesting to know if any history scholar tried to contact Washing DC to inform them of what was coming, because it sure looks like none of our rich congressmen had a clue.

Thank goodness that that second wave has not hit yet.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I had no idea you were such an infectious disease expert.

Regardless of who did what wrong, and many a mistake was made, you don't get to apply knowledge people have TODAY to a situation that was happening in real time then. History is easy. You get to look back and criticize. Real time is much tougher.

Mistakes were made no doubt. But please be intellectually honest and judge them in the context of what was happening and what was known at the time. As I said plenty of mistakes, plenty of blame to go around so no need to pretend they knew things they may not have.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1715 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Do you watch the news, most of the European countries followed the instructions, and many of them are totally clear of the virus.

I live in Europe and that... is utter nonsense. I have no idea which newschannel you watch, but I can tell you it is rubbish. They are lying. Literally every single European country is struggling with very high numbers (of people getting infected and needing medical attention in hospital).
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:

I live in Europe and that... is utter nonsense. I have no idea which newschannel you watch, but I can tell you it is rubbish. They are lying. Literally every single European country is struggling with very high numbers (of people getting infected and needing medical attention in hospital).

He was taking a political position, based on political talking points. This is why I let it go. If you are going to start using facts and proof this discussion will become impossible.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Vandecarr
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Vandecarr
I never stopped working...
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1715 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Ah. There is a doctor in the house.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
755 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
I'm not a full-time entertainer any longer but loved that time in my life.
I took a big hit because of things and then had emergency spinal surgery (just now getting back to some form of normality)

Things are different now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Working? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL