The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for a great no sleight coin trick (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9494 Posts

Profile of funsway
Beautiful, but I don't get the "no sleight of hand" claim. Some action happens of which the audience is unaware - a sleight.
Even if you are just manipulating or ditching a gaff, that is still a sleight.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
stevie c
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2021, funsway wrote:
Beautiful, but I don't get the "no sleight of hand" claim. Some action happens of which the audience is unaware - a sleight.
Even if you are just manipulating or ditching a gaff, that is still a sleight.

I'd agree with that funsway. I do a nice simple CSB routine, and although it's pretty easy, it definitely wouldn't be accurate to say it's sleight free.

BW

Steve
gregg webb
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Maybe there are tricks using a stooge.
gregg webb
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
And if your stooge can do sleight-of-hand...even better.
gregg webb
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Seriously, one can do a mental trick, a prediction, using Hobson's choice, and 5 coins from different countries. Max Maven has the best work on having a spectator pick one of 5 objects, a folded prediction reads "You will pick the English coin" or whatever. No sleights, but you have to be on top of your presentation...no hesitations...anyway it is a way to go. It isn't a trick coin, but no sleights.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4341 Posts

Profile of emyers99
While not technically a coin trick, check out Erik Tait’s Ultra Lucky Coin which uses a poker trick. Killer effect with great audience reaction and it’s sleight free.
dfolson
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of dfolson
1.35 coin trick comes to mind as one to consider.
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of martonikus
Add a couple of double-headed coins to a handful of change. Have your spectator toss all the coins several times, each time you remove all those showing tails. The final result matches your prediction. Just put all the coins away before you show it. Certified sleight-free coin trick!
martinlaw1989
View Profile
New user
London, UK
8 Posts

Profile of martinlaw1989
My choice would be Hopping Halves.
Make sure to buy the expanded [ version so that you can use the [ for some coin across routines in the future.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1122 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
John George’s version of “Positive Negative” (Max Maven) is one of my all-time favorites. I use a Sudbury Penny. Perfection.
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MagicRichyRich
Are there coins like sucker punch? I heard some bad things about the quality of the poker chips and how cheaply made they were.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2187 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2022, MagicRichyRich wrote:
Are there coins like sucker punch? I heard some bad things about the quality of the poker chips and how cheaply made they were.

Sucker Punch is a great value for the price. Coins would cost you a LOT more for everything that comes in the set. The quality is decent.

Years ago Craig Petty released his Nightshade coin set. Very similar, but not the exact same contents as Sucker Punch. It retailed for $130.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
If I remember correctly, Nightshade had a very different set of contents - it was only half of it - split, but no turtles.

It all depends on what you consider as quality, and what you want. For a set of coins to experiment with, I think it was good. A little light (mass), maybe the logos/stickers could have been better, but still pretty solid. To get the whole set - including ungaffed coins would cost a lot more.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2187 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2022, tonsofquestions wrote:
If I remember correctly, Nightshade had a very different set of contents - it was only half of it - split, but no turtles.

There was a turtle included that by design only covered one half of the split, so the halves could be separated while the turtle was fully nested. The Sucker Punch turtles are deeper and can't do that.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Ah, so it was kind of like Wong's Trinity (Perfect Power 3? It's been a while) coin set, but with an extra split set in copper.

Either way, I doubt Sucker Punch is really "no sleight", as with that many gimmicks you have to be careful what you show where.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for a great no sleight coin trick (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL