The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Distribution of Magic after Death (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I am redoing my will and trying to make life easier for my wife when I pass. I have no one in my family wanting to carry on the magic, so the distribution of that part of my estate is a problem. Is there anyone who buys the entire collection lump-sum or are there other suggestions. I have a huge library of books and DVD's. I have enough magic to open a large store. All is quality stuff. Not wanting to sell right now. I'm just planning and would appreciate suggestions.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Hocus Pocus seems to acquire and sell estate magic props & supplies:
www.hocus-pocus.com

And vintage magic books dealers like Byron Walker might be interested in your books:
www.byronwalkermagicbooks.com
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I would ask my wife or somebody to put the items on Ebay.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2020, tommy wrote:

I use to have a Craiglist alert set up for magic items for sale. Once had one pop up for "chest of magic items." As I looked, there were a lot of Johnson coin products, some nice looking copper cups, and some other high end items....all for $50. I immediately replied asking about the availability and to confirm the price. I thought they meant $50 for one of the items. Got a reply back that it was a wife telling me she was getting rid of her husband's magic "junk" and the price was for all of it. I told her it was priced way too low, and to either reprice it, or at least, take to a local magic shop I knew who would give her fair price.

Kicker is, her husband wasn't dead. She was just cleaning out his closet and decided to get rid of it. He replied on her account that the items were not for sale...lol...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Thanks for all the input. Paul Gross may have the best solution for me.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The distribution of magic after death may be in the lap of the gods.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2020, imgic wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2020, tommy wrote:

I use to have a Craiglist alert set up for magic items for sale. Once had one pop up for "chest of magic items." As I looked, there were a lot of Johnson coin products, some nice looking copper cups, and some other high end items....all for $50. I immediately replied asking about the availability and to confirm the price. I thought they meant $50 for one of the items. Got a reply back that it was a wife telling me she was getting rid of her husband's magic "junk" and the price was for all of it. I told her it was priced way too low, and to either reprice it, or at least, take to a local magic shop I knew who would give her fair price.

Kicker is, her husband wasn't dead. She was just cleaning out his closet and decided to get rid of it. He replied on her account that the items were not for sale...lol...

Call back in ten years and you might get it for $25.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Dan Bradbury of Bradbury Books & Beyond, is another possibility.

www.bradburybooks.com
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
There are some wonderful amateur magicians at your local magic club. A call to the club would most likely pay dividends.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Distribution of Magic after Death (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL