The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Donald and Melania Trump test positive for Coronavirus » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I bet he got the vius on September 26th.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
For a guy who’s not defending him, you spend a lot of time doing it and denying it.

Anyway, it is a basic, crucial question and one the White House refuses to answer: When was President Donald Trump’s last negative test for the coronavirus before he tested positive?

If anything, dodging the question makes people suspicious that there’s something to hide. Surely the safest strategy is to release that bit of information, which is nothing compared to the flood of data which has been released about his health, and stop any further speculation.
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Do you REALLY think the Christie people don't have the answers you're demanding as if you somehow are entitled? Hate has you blind.

And how is it you think you can say "that's not what hairbrush"? Again you're sphere of information is painfully small but you make grand pronouncements based on your hatred alone and biased reports. Talk about my cheerleading and you have nothing but blind hatred. And I'm not cheering him at all. Just being factual and honest. Sorry that throw a wrench into stuff.

What exactly is his reckless and selfish irresponsibility?

Sorry about the typo.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2020, Francois Lagrange wrote:
For a guy who’s not defending him, you spend a lot of time doing it and denying it.

Anyway, it is a basic, crucial question and one the White House refuses to answer: When was President Donald Trump’s last negative test for the coronavirus before he tested positive?

If anything, dodging the question makes people suspicious that there’s something to hide. Surely the safest strategy is to release that bit of information, which is nothing compared to the flood of data which has been released about his health, and stop any further speculation.

I am sorry you see using just facts as defending. But not using facts to just spew hatred leads us to really stupid things as recent history has proven.

Why is that such a "crutial" question? If those he was in contact with are notified, why does it matter SO MUCH to you exactly? I just don't see why it is such a burning question other than to use the answer in one way or another to bash the man even more than is done regularly. No matter WHAT he answers it is going to be wrong so why bother?

If he is keeping the information from those who were in contact with him then yea big problem. Keeping it from people who want to do nothing but use it to bash him is his own choice. See the difference?

Why not bash him for things he REALLY does? Lord knows there is PLENTY OF THAT and it gets buried under a mountian of this nonsensical stuff.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
as if you somehow are entitled

You are very confused.
I help to pay the man's salary. He wants to return to work and there's no assurance he is not still infected.
He may have infected up to 34 of the people whose salaries I also help to pay.
Of course I have the right to know whether my employee is attempting to come back to work with a contagious disease!
I have to pay for his helicopter, doctors, Regeneron, etc.
I have a total right to know whether he is physically fit and able to do the job; or for that matter to resume the job in January.
What are you thinking? This isn't the Sun King.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
"However, Trump has repeatedly followed up on his pledge to donate his presidential salary."

https://www.snopes.com/news/2019/12/13/p......onation/

Then, regarding protected travel, a bit of a different story, perhaps:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/paying-p......45572927

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat......00-trips

Apparently, his doctor has stated tonight there's no longer evidence of viral replication on his tests.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/presiden......73544866
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Donating a check changes nothing. It doesn't mean that he can then avoid public scrutiny and responsibility. Wouldn't that be wonderful for him if that were true.

""the administration will not provide details about the cost of travel and security."

This is not optional in a republic. This is not a private corporation that he heads. This is the public's money and we have a right to know how every cent is spent. If anyone doesn't think that, then we may as well throw in the towel and get King George back in there.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I see. One of them "on a need to know basis" things is it. Like one of them James Bond films.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2020, landmark wrote:
Quote:

You are very confused.
I help to pay the man's salary. He wants to return to work and there's no assurance he is not still infected.
Of course I have the right to know whether my employee is attempting to come back to work with a contagious disease!
I have a total right to know whether he is physically fit and able to do the job; or for that matter to resume the job in January.

He is your employee and you have rights to know things in that basis? And you claim I have no point? How ridiculous.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I was just putting some information on the table, Jack. His salary, at least, seems to be going to charitable causes. The information about travel and security may play in his detractors' favour.

From the viewpoint of an individual paying his salary, what does that wage rate work out to?

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-much......-2016-11

Of course, I suppose this all plays into the income tax situation...

And wabout those other presidents you're still paying?
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
Quote:

You are very confused.

I have rights too. I say leave him there to do his job I hired him to do, so why should your rights be demanded over my rights?

Maybe we should just vote on it again.Smile

Tom
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
There's this, too:

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/does-......-156689/

Seems a bit of a mess. Hence my position on the dollar. Smile
And politics.

*"wabout" should read "what about".
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2020, TomBoleware wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

You are very confused.

I have rights too. I say leave him there to do his job I hired him to do, so why should your rights be demanded over my rights?

Tom

Tom, Laurie, Danny:

The rights I am talking about are the public right to know. Public servants are accountable to the public in a free society. This is Civics 101. An informed populace.

What you do afterwards with the information is your business.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2020, magicalaurie wrote:
There's this, too:

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/does-......-156689/

Seems a bit of a mess. Hence my position on the dollar. Smile
And politics.

*"wabout" should read "what about".

That's kind of interesting. I wonder what the lifetime pension number for the First Lady looks like if her salary is $0. I had no idea I was paying for that, too.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I understand what you were talking about, Jack. Just building on it a little.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Got you, Laurie.

Re First Lady pensions:

"The widow of a former president is entitled to a $20,000 annual pension. However, to receive it, she must relinquish any other pensions or annuities. Neither Nancy Reagan nor Betty Ford received the first lady’s pension because they declined to relinquish other pension benefits."

https://protectpensions.org/2017/02/20/m......pension/

So I guess I'm off the hook for that one.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2020, tommy wrote:
Of course, you do live in a monarchy: your monarch being your Constitution, that which you swear your allegiance, that which can do no wrong. We the people including the president are subjects and can do wrong and so on. Your monarch is called a legal fiction which better than a living monarch because one can get good and bad kings and queens as time goes by but the Constitution is good by design and remains so down through the ages. We the people of the USA can vote out bad presidents every few years but long live the king/constitution. Not that I am an expert but that is my understanding of how it is.

Incidently I agree with Danny about the press; I have never seen anything like it in my life. Even here in England there has been an all out constant propaganda attack against Trump and I am not a fan of Trump or any other politician actually.

Of course the Constitution can "do wrong," and when it does, it can be amended. In fact, at least one, it was amended in a way that did wrong and had to be RE-amended to fix the problem.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2020, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2020, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
They are the nature vidiographers who do not film the lions eating the Zebra, but rather they help the Zebra escape or help the lion catch the zebra. Either way it is disgusting agenda driven drivel.

Nope, not buying the "both sides" argument in this case. The events of the past week are solely, exclusively on the President, events which very likely could have been avoided. Luck of course is a factor, but luck favors the prepared, and disfavors the unprepared or reckless.

Making a film is not the same as catching an event on film. See Disney about lemmings.

Infotainment delivers customers to advertisers. Don't touch that dial!

Donald Trump taking off his mask made and interesting photo opp. Time will tell.

* Different channels for different folks; mostly swimming the same strokes.

Unless you're going to suggest the press TOLD Donald Trump to take off the mask, then it's just a case of taking advantage of someone doing something stupid and reckless!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2020, TomBoleware wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

You are very confused.

Tom

Making truthful, public statements would not stop the man from doing his job.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Donald and Melania Trump test positive for Coronavirus » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL