The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bitcoin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hi Folks
Is this thing -> https://www.nationalbitcoinatm.com real for people?
Do they know about or think about digital currency?

If so, the bitcoin prop adds to our options beyond contemporary, historical, foreign, and fictional. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Jonathan:

I suspect that you know as much as me, but I'll answer for others that may read.

"Bitcoin" is a digital form of a currency wanna-be. AS such it has a value only as long as people are content in accepting its current "price". Hence, its value can go "poof" at any time (some what like the stock market - but stocks represent real money making companies, and you are sharing in their profitability ).
Further, because most of us are not too familiar with what a bit coin is, nor how it "works" people are susceptible to FRAUD.

Yet, it is possible to buy a "bit coin", but it is NOT a physical item, the amount of bit coins you own, only exists in some electronic memory, somewhere.

All that said, there are man-made coins that will be stamped with a big "B", and some look pretty impressive, and could be interesting props for doing magic (I think the main effect I personally would do with such, would be to make it disappear, or transform to a worthless coin; to illustrate what may happen to their bit coin balance. In other words, it is not wise to accept "bit coins" for payment.

And that is my 2 bit coin's worth
John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Yes this is about props for magic. The question remains whether such props are workable for audiences.

Other items from our world, such as poker chips, chocolate coins, mardigras tokens... may be about the right size yet don't tend to have the heft or make a good sound when dropped into a glass or bucket.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bitcoin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL