The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Murphy’s Pet Peeve (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

unfunny
View Profile
New user
Toronto
11 Posts

Profile of unfunny
There wasn’t a category about shops, so posting here. Have a lot of great magic from Murphy’s Magic. Whenever I go on the site to learn how a trick works, about halfway through entering the password, the “subscribe to the newsletter” pop-up messes up the password, and I have to start over. Minor quibble, but it derails me every time.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Murphy's Magic isn't really a shop. They're a wholesaler that supplies shops and retailers.

See an interview with them here about how they work: Playing Card Wholesaler Murphy's Magic

In relation to your minor quibble, maybe consider emailing them and suggesting that they don't have the popup on pages which have tutorial videos that require entering a password?
kcbeave
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
Eddie's Trick Shop has 2 brick and mortor shops in Marietta, ga and Stone Mountain Ga. They could use all the help they can get at this time and they do carry some of Murphy's items and can quickly order others.
They have a website also, www.eddiestrickshop.com . They carry a lot of magic but also have jokes, gags, makeup, costumes and more. Their website has a button for daily deals and it changes all the time. If you need anything, at least check them out
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2020, unfunny wrote:
There wasn’t a category about shops, so posting here. Have a lot of great magic from Murphy’s Magic. Whenever I go on the site to learn how a trick works, about halfway through entering the password, the “subscribe to the newsletter” pop-up messes up the password, and I have to start over. Minor quibble, but it derails me every time.

You’re in Toronto? You have the best magic store in the world, the Browser’s Den of Magic. Jeff Pinsky and team will set you up!

Dave
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I believe that unfunny's point was that regardless of where the trick is purchased the video is accessible only from Murphy's Magic.
I have had the same frustration since they fairly recently began having their pop up show up on every page, including tutorial pages. It is annoying.
Any website where the "subscribe page" pop up comes up on every page is annoying. This is true for Michael Murray's site as well as Real Workers.

The other related problem I have with Murphy tutorial videos is when I enter the password I almost always have to enter it twice. It's not because of a typo or anything, I will enter the same identical password but the first time it just dumps me back to the password screen and then the second time it works. I have begun copying the password after typing it the first time so I can simply paste it the second time because I know I'm going to have to enter it twice. This happens about 75% of the time.
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2020, videoman wrote:
I believe that unfunny's point was that regardless of where the trick is purchased the video is accessible only from Murphy's Magic

I caught that. I still think if he went to the Browser’s Den, he would have less frustration.
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Type your password in the browser or on a note ,cut it before going to Murphy’s. Go to Murphy’s, then paste it into murphy’s password box when it comes up.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
I do not know where to put this so I will try this thread in hopes of receiving a PM with what I am requesting.

Does anyone own MOSES CARD? If you do, did you receive a password to enter the online instructions?

Mine has the website info printed inside of the trick envelope but no password which is required to get in there.

If you have the password for MOSES CARD, please PM me and let me have it. No, I am not requesting that you yell at me. I just need the PASSWORD. Smile

Thanks all!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Murphy’s Pet Peeve (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL