The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Live chick loads (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1489 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Hello guys,

I have been performing at a corn maze the last few weeks and dusted off the cups and balls to put in the show. I had got them workable 9 years ago and put them up. This was the first time I had performed with them. I am in love. For a talent show this spring I thought about using live chicks as final loads. There will be another magician there and I need the wow factor.

Two questions. Where can I get material on how to approach this with respect to the chicks. Also, what are the best cups to use.

I am good with animals and understand how baby chicks operate. I plan on bonding them by being the first thing they see and handling them each day. I just need some more details on loading and cup design.

Thanks,
Chance
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Try messaging Bill Palmer here on the Café. If anyone knows, it's Bill.

Galli Galli, Ross Bertram and Johnny Ace Palmer all have done this, but a quick Google search didn't yield anything for me. If you dig more, maybe you can find something.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1489 Posts

Thanks Theodore. Ill message him in a minute.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1489 Posts

Hello again. Tried pm and didn't work. He has it disabled. I will try email
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot.
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
See:
Magic and Methods of Ross Bertram, and
Marvels of Mystery - John Booth
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
667 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Rings and things sells Galli Galli cups and Gazzo cups that would be nice and big for chick loads, plus I like the PF chick cups for baseballs but may be ok for chicks. You may not want to "bond" with the chicks since they will quickly outgrow the cups, and they are probably not pets. So you may want to bond with a chicken farmer so you can buy chicks and return them as needed. It is commendable to want to respect the chicks well being as some magicians have a reputation for handling them roughly and injuring their legs. Maybe Johnny Ace Palmer would give you some pointers as he has been doing it for a long time and seems to respect them. You can watch J A Palmer on YouTube.
Smile Smile Smile
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24272 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'm not that hard to find. You just need to send me an e-mail. The Ross Bertram book mentioned by RiffRaff has what you need to know. The cups do not have to be large, just heavy, so they don't move around on the table with the chicks loaded. That's why Ross Bertram cups have those dimensions.

However, you must consider this. Baby chicks are good for only a couple of weeks. Then they get to be too large. Galli Galli had an unacceptable solution for this problem. Johnny Ace Palmer's solution is far better.

Bear in mind that if you start producing baby chicks, you will incur the wrath of the snowflakes. The animal rights activists will come after you. You might as well do a cigarette production act.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Live chick loads (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL