We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Amalgam: Season Two. Inertia, OneStopShop, ChoiceMail and Amped (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Amalgam's Season Two brings four brand new effects: Inertia, OneStopShop, ChoiceMail and Amped.

The app contains multiple effects, all within one app. Each effect requires nothing more than just your phone.

Along with the four effects released in Season One earlier this year (Streets, TimedOut, Watch and Word Search), Season Two also brings:

Inertia
Force text, photos and videos on ANY website, without hiding the screen from the spectator.
Inertia works great as a prediction effect, or combined with your favourite revelation.

- Predict a word on any website.
- Force photos or videos on Instagram.
- Reveal you predicted a selected Tweet, movie or Instagram post.

OneStopShop
This fully customisable effect allows you to force ANY product of your choosing from an online store.
Force multiple playing card back designs, thanks to Theory11, Daniel Madison and Patrick Kun.

- Novel input method combining old and new mechanics.
- Multiple built-in presets, or create your own.
- Built-in clothing preset is perfect to combine with physical effects, such as Dresscode by Calen Morelli.

ChoiceMail
Your spectator's selection is IMPOSSIBLY revealed when listening to a received audio message.

- Input mechanism allows you to secretly code the reveal in performance.
- Novel input peek system is hidden in plain sight.
- HUGE thanks go to AGT winner Shin Lim, who has recorded the built-in presets!
- Also fully customisable with custom presets.

Amped
Using a combination of screenshots, Amped lets you demonstrate your apparent SUPERHUMAN powers over technology.

- Included settings allow for multiple customisation options.
- Ends clean - device can be fully inspected at the end of the performance.
- Combine with a Charge Card (sold separately) for a physical effect.

Season Two is on a launch sale for a limited time only - the price will be going up soon!

Download Amalgam from the App Store here.

Thanks!
mmbob
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of mmbob
This looks great, I’ll check it out. Any reviews on here yet?
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
This is my review

Inertia- This is the best by far and it is a super clean and fair way to force anything from a website with the phone face up.
Onestopshop- This has a super smart method and is also a clean force. It looks like a generic shopping app and if it was adapted to use instagram or other things it would be even better.
Choicemail- This is pretty cool. It has a nice input method but You would have to record your own messages to use unless you want shin lim called me the other day as your patter.
Amped- This one is a fun trick. It is more of a gag but it will be fun to use.

I hope this helps.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1234 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
These new apps are tremendous.
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1954 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Hi friends,

I have just uploaded a YouTube review about Season 2 of Amalgam.

Enjoy!

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Thanks, Alex for the very thorough review!
To reply to a part of your review: whilst Season Two only has written instructions for now, I plan to add in depth videos as soon as I can get out and film them.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9318 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Well let’s hope the reduced pricing lasts for as long as it takes for you to post some decent video demo’s
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
2.0.1 is now out, bringing a few minor bug fixes:

# Amped - increased contrast range (thanks to Alexandru Miclea)

# ChoiceMail - hide button peek now disappears after a few seconds (thanks to Patrick Kun)

# Inertia - mobile sites such as Instagram now display correctly (thanks to Demian Max)

Thanks!
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Amalgam includes a built-in community section, where the best ideas are readily accessible within the app.

In the latest update to the Amalgam app, you can now submit ideas directly in the community section within the app itself, as well as being able to browse all of the existing tips for all effects.

the_man_who_knows
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of the_man_who_knows
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Well let’s hope the reduced pricing lasts for as long as it takes for you to post some decent video demo’s

*demos
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Here're some more details about Amalgam's Season Two.

Note that it's also currently on sale: Season Two’s launch price for all four effects is currently just £54.99 GBP / $59.99 USD, and will be going up soon!

Amalgam: Season Two. Download it now from the App Store.

***The four effects that you'll get for the discounted price of just $59.99 USD are: ***

Inertia
Inertia is a completely new forcing app that relies on a diabolical new principle.
It’s built in to a web browser, allowing you to use it to force pretty much anything, such as:

• An Instagram photo or video on ANY profile.
  • Any Netflix movie.
  • A line of text or single word on a news website.
  • Any photo from Google Images.

Note: The page used is completely genuine - this will work on ANY website the spectator chooses, and in ANY language!

The Jerx wrote this about Inertia:
You know those phone forces where you would hold the phone upside down and have them scroll blindly and whatever picture or item they landed on would be forced (usually because their scrolling wasn’t doing anything). Well, this app allows you to do that type of force face-up while the spectator looks at the phone. It’s so good and “feels” exactly like it should.

OneStopShop
This is a fully customisable online shop that allows you to force any product within. The shop takes on the look and feel of the products, so it’s perfect to use when wanting to force both a pair of socks, or even a deck of cards.

Included presets include a variety of clothing basic stores to get you started, plus playing card presets provided by:

• Theory11
  • Daniel Madison
  • Patrick Kun

What’s particularly useful about OneStopShop is how you can turn it into a “real world” effect rather than a phone trick.
For example: instead of it being used just to force a T-Shirt, consider combining it with Dresscode by Calen Morelli for a bigger effect.
Or, after showing your spectator the store where you buy your playing cards, have them choose a deck. Then “produce” that deck of cards as your opener, before going into a card routine.

As with Inertia, the force in OneStopShop is completely clean, with the screen never going out of sight. It also has large product displays, enabling it to work perfectly virtually over Zoom.

ChoiceMail
In ChoiceMail, another brand new input method is secretly used to reveal your spectator’s selection.

As an example, picture this:

• You call your voicemail to check your new message.
  • (You do NOT touch the screen AT ALL from this point on..!)
  • Whilst the automated intro is playing, you ask your spectator to name ANY card.
  • The voicemail plays, and the caller has predicted the exact card named!

Featuring two built-in presets kindly recorded by AGT winner Shin Lim, you can reveal any playing card, or you can even record your own presets revealing anything you like... it's not limited to just playing cards!

Again, this works incredibly well in person, as well as over video chat, should that be your thing.

Amped
Amped is a complete modern reworking of my popular ChargeMe app. Totally rewritten from the ground up, Amped has taken the approaches from other animation-centric projects of mine (such as TimeLine), and brought them to a modern remake of the ChargeMe effect.

This is a fun, “Michael Carbonaro”-like effect that lets you seemingly charge your phone at will, or allow you to demonstrate some apparent futuristic technology.

• Consider combining with Apple’s new MagSafe technology for a novel effect.
  • Ends cleanly on your real battery percentage, letting the phone be fully inspected at the end.
  • Can optionally work with Michael Weber & Tim Trono’s Charge Card, for which details will soon be available.

Amalgam Season Two user Charlie Hewish said:

Hey just letting you know an awesome reaction that I got from Amped last week by showing off some advanced technology to my friends. I pretended my ring was an emergency charger, (which I said only holds 20% charge for realism). I placed my phone face-up on their hand, and placed my ring on the screen. I explained how it needs to be in the correct spot, so I moved the ring around the phone until it vibrated and started charging. My battery went up from 78% and stopped on 98%. They really believed what I was showing them was real - they keep asking to borrow it when I see them now!

As well as Season Two, four more effects are still available as part of Season One.

Plus, Amalgam also features a built-in community section, where you can read ideas and tips submitted by fellow Amalgam users, or even submit your own.

The Amalgam app is available for free on the App Store, and Season Two can be purchased at its limited discounted price within.

Amalgam: Season Two. Download it now from the App Store.

Thanks!
Rooster
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Rooster
My review/ interview with Marc here:

https://youtu.be/TiRJ5quRcqg
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3400 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Hi Marc,

I'm always hugely impressed by your work.

May I ask why the app is considerably more expensive for UK purchasers? $60 converts to £45 at current exchange rates but the actual UK price is £55?

Thanks in advance,
Martin
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Thanks, Martin.

Apple set the exchange rates for these things. As a developer, I only get to choose the price tier, which translates into the cost of apps in all regions. I can not tweak them individually.

Note that they also do not tell the full story; the App Store in different regions behave differently in terms of tax. In the UK, VAT is included in the price (collected by Apple), but in some regions in the US, sales tax is added on top of the fee you see on the App Store.

I hope that answers your question.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3400 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2020, magicmarcuk wrote:
Thanks, Martin.

Apple set the exchange rates for these things. As a developer, I only get to choose the price tier, which translates into the cost of apps in all regions. I can not tweak them individually.

Note that they also do not tell the full story; the App Store in different regions behave differently in terms of tax. In the UK, VAT is included in the price (collected by Apple), but in some regions in the US, sales tax is added on top of the fee you see on the App Store.

I hope that answers your question.

Hi Marc,

It does. So it's Apple ripping off the UK customers again.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Hey guys,

This weekend I spoke to Marc and decided to make a video deep dive focussing on each of these effects from Amalgam, one by one in separate videos. Here's the first one in the series focussing on Streets

Enjoy Smile
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
I've since added video instructions alongside the written instructions to all four effects in Season Two - they're available in the app for all now.

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Amalgam: Season Two. Inertia, OneStopShop, ChoiceMail and Amped (5 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL