The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Learning the Sylvester Pitch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alyx
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Alyx
I'm interested to learn the Sylvester Pitch in the context of producing fruit. Can anyone who owns both the Sylvester Pitch DVD and the Sylvester's Penguin lecture comment on whether the Penguin Lecture is a suitable learning format for the move (especially for something larger than a coin). I'm on a tight budget, so it's one or the other, but I'm curious to see his entire lecture so long as it's suitable for teaching the move.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1111 Posts

Profile of Jerry
On the Pitch 98 video, Dan talks about just this one topic for over an hour.
He shows a lot of items including a egg plant and a nut the size of a baseball.

The lecture is about his act. He does cover "The Pitch", but how long or how much, I can not say as I have not seen it.
Penguin gives no details on the length or topics of the lecture.

Unless someone says different, my suggestion is for the DVD.

GO HERE:
http://sylvesterthejester.com/merch/sylvester-pitch-dvd/
Alyx
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Alyx
Right on. Thanks your the info. Smile
gregg webb
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I'd like to mention a similar but different move from the "Pitch" which is almost the exact opposite, but in my opinion superior, and that is Jon Townsend's "Jumping Shuttle Pass" which I believe he innovated with a coin, but which I did a lot of experimenting with Billiard Balls, and could be done with fruit or nuts as well. Regards, Gregg Webb
Alyx
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Alyx
Thank you, Gregg! It's always awesome to find out about utility moves that I don't know about. I did purchase the Sylvester Pitch DVD. It is excellent, and I'm delighted with the purchase.

I'll do a little digging on the Jumping Shuttle Pass.

Thanks again.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1111 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Getting Jon Townsend material is going to be a challenge, his has been off the radar for long time.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2695 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Gregg, is the jumping shuttle pass something Sankey also works with? Jon has a lot of neat things to his credit.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27096 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
To the OP question: The earlier video is fine. You will need to comfortably move that production item and rehearse the transfer ... juggling skills it can't hurt to learn.

Thanks Gregg. The minor variation of the utility switch was directly inspired by a jumbo coin production Presto was doing. Someone else referred to the action as giving the coin airtime.

Dan Sylvester's work with an inertial transfer is impressive. If you are okay with toss/catch actions for sleights - well worth learning.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Corfu, Greece
608 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
There is also a very similar approach which is detailed on the International Magic Lecture by Cellini.

I remember watching and practicing the move about 20 years ago after seeing him demonstrate it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Learning the Sylvester Pitch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL