The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Deluxe Linking Rings by Michael Ammar & TCC (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2493 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Good point. I can’t compare with ProLine.
Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
27 Posts

Profile of Clemens Ilgner
Xcath1,

did you mesure your rings? Mine are 11 inch instead of 12. When we asked TCC they answered that Michael Ammar changed the size. But they never informed the Customers.
Would be very interesting how big your rings really are.

Best, Clemens
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, Clemens Ilgner wrote:
Xcath1,

did you mesure your rings? Mine are 11 inch instead of 12. When we asked TCC they answered that Michael Ammar changed the size. But they never informed the Customers.
Would be very interesting how big your rings really are.

Best, Clemens

Holy bait and switch, Batman!

Mark
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2493 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I did measure. I could
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of kipling100
Note the gap is very large as well, which may be a deal breaker if you’re used to 1 inch gaps or have smaller hands. Also, not sure if this is normal but the key ring is a bit oval and not completely circular. Mine also has the unfinished key caps shown in the earlier posts.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5118 Posts

Profile of videoman
These are sounding less and less like they are “Deluxe”.
But of course that has become a meaningless marketing term anyway.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1145 Posts

Profile of Leo H
It appears that the letdown here is the key ring. Let's see if TCC decides to make good on it. Haven't read a complaint about the rest of the set. Are there weld spots? Are the rings smooth?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, kipling100 wrote:
Also, not sure if this is normal but the key ring is a bit oval and not completely circular.

That would suggest that the key ring was originally exactly the same size as the other rings. Then instead of cutting out a section of the ring (to create the gap), they simply separated the two ends and, thus, made the key ring not only a little larger but gave it a little bit of an oval shape in the process.

It would be interesting to see a photo of the key ring lined up on top of a single ring.

Mark
Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
27 Posts

Mark,

my key ring is absolutely the same size like the single ring.(11 inch) The opening is definitely cut out.
I only criticize the quality of the caps in the key ring but wait for a replacement by TCC.
Everything is absolut fine with the set. I will send some pictures in the next days. Axel Hecklau borrowed my set to do a review.
It will be back in the next days.

Clemens
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of kipling100
(Edited) Trying to post a picture of the key on top of a single, but not sure how.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1613 Posts

Profile of Futureal
They confirmed in the Facebook group that the rings were smaller than 12 inch and then deleted the guys post, like they didn’t want people to know. Very strange.
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
170 Posts

Profile of allan31
If you buy a 12" ring , you don't have to recieve a 11" one !!! And on the top of that, there is a problem with the caps on the key ring !!! Are you really going to accept everything and not ask for a refund ? We, as customers, should not accept all these BS products put on the market every day...
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
550 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I thought I would weigh in on this topic thread. I have received my non-advertised reduced size rings. I have the sloppy key cap on my rings -Uupsetting. I do NOT like at all the size of the HUGE key ring gap. Impossible to hide it and the handling is very awkward. I realize it likely was designed to go with Michael's routine but it is completely wrong for me. I despair that I will not be able to flex the ring and close it up properly. I have already offered my low opinion of the teaching video with its truncated instruction and very poor sound quality.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The width of the gap in my Owen key ring (and the key on the older China-made set that I have) is adjustable. You simply pull the ends away from each other, gently, with just enough force to cause movement, to widen the gap. Do the reverse (again, gently, with only enough force to cause movement) to close the gap.

I suspect the same can be done with the TCC rings. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Mark
Carnac
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Carnac
I wanted to give a review of the new rings. They took 2 days to get from China to New York City. And they’ve been sitting there for over 2 weeks now. I only live 60 miles from NYC. I wish I could just there and take them. Who knows how long they will sit in some warehouse. Grrrr!! 😫
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
550 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
Mark - the key. ring would have to be flexed a GREAT deal to narrow the gap satisfactorily for the way I like to handle them. I do worry about either distorting them or possibly snapping them (as they are hollow.)

I have a set of Featherlite rings from Abbotts that I have been using for over 30 years. They are 10" and I thought the promise of the TCC high quality plus the 12" size might be a suitable upgrade for me to use - guess NOT! Wrong on several counts. I have had fine things to say about other of the TCC products - all of which I have completely liked. These rings are the exception.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1145 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2021, Carnac wrote:
I wanted to give a review of the new rings. They took 2 days to get from China to New York City. And they’ve been sitting there for over 2 weeks now. I only live 60 miles from NYC. I wish I could just there and take them. Who knows how long they will sit in some warehouse. Grrrr!! 😫

You could be in for a long wait Carnac. A card packet trick I purchased from a seller in Britain sat in NYC Customs for a month and a half before I finally received it. After calling them up they told me they could hold a package for 45 business days with no explanation. My rings are also held up in NY, but I'm not in a hurry for this.
Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
27 Posts

Hi,

Axel Hecklau produced a review of the Deluxe Linking Rings. It is in german language, but you can see and hear the rings. It is my set and his conclusion is that you
will get a nice set of rings for a valuable price. He mentions that the key ring has a big opening, but also sais that this is absolutely fine with his kind of working. You can see him doing
some silent links and unlinks in the end of the video. He told me that he will do a review in english as well but come out with it probably in march. His conclusion is also that the video is of poor quality and to call everything a ‚deluxe‘ set you must offer more. But than the price would be higher.

You can see the german review here:

https://vimeo.com/512517061

Before Axel got my rings for the video, I did a short unboxing video. It is also in German but you can see everything (except the secret spot). But I already posted a Photo earlier in this thread.

https://vimeo.com/513334421

I am very satisfied with the whole set. I paid about 160€ for the set and shipping. The smaller size of 11 inch is perfect for me, but I understand that it is not ok to keep this secret
until you got your rings. My concern about the caps in the keyring is reported and I wait for a replacement. The rest of the set is beautifully made. It is not ‚deluxe‘ but to be honest for this
price I never expected a deluxe version.
What is really bad is the content and the quality of the video. But as Axel said in the review, if you are really interested in performing this great classic of magic you should read the books and study that piece from other sources.

All the best, Clemens
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1145 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Clemens--Ich möchte mich recht herzlich bedanken.

The rings look nice!
Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
27 Posts

You are welcome Leo !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Deluxe Linking Rings by Michael Ammar & TCC (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL