The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Deluxe Linking Rings by Michael Ammar & TCC (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
TCC Magic
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of TCC Magic
Hello friends,

We are honored to announce our New Project, a collaboration with the legendary Michael Ammar. We present the Deluxe Linking Rings.

What we are presenting to you is not just a set of Linking Rings, but the accumulation of the meticulous process in crafting a set of exquisite Rings; Michael Ammar's passion for the Linking Rings; as well as his 40 years of knowledge and experience on the subject.

Probably the 2 greatest classics in the world of magic, are the Cups and Balls and the Linking Rings. Magicians should learn as much about them as possible from the greatest living source of magic knowledge.

Michael Ammar is recognized as one of the greatest living magicians and one of the most influential magicians of our time.

Through numerous consultations and back and forth with Michael Ammar for the past 12 months, we have produced what we believe will be the go-to set of Linking Rings going forward. No matter if you are a magic enthusiast or professional performer, this set will suit the majority of your needs.

Every aspect of the Rings, from the diameter, thickness, weight, sound, even down to the carrying bag, has been meticulously thought out.

And probably the best, most affordable 12 inch Linking Rings you will ever see.

I think you will love it.

In addition, Michael Ammar has graciously included a 60-90 Minute 1 to 1 Private Online Session (only limited to 40 People. This is a chance to have Michael answer your personal, specific questions about the performance of this classic of magic.

Available on Kickstarter on 21st OCT, 11 p.m. EST.

Details in the preview link below. Follow the project and to be the first to know of the latest developments:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/119......56d98091
the_man_who_knows
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of the_man_who_knows
Brah, they be skinnier than tom elderfield
skyfire
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of skyfire
Not sure if I missed it on the website, but what are the spec's on these Rings. What I saw was kind of vague, by saying they are just the right size, just the right circumference, just the right Diameter. They look really nice, and personally I have some TCC Rings already, and every set I got from them was really nice, and all happy purchases, but right now the Diameter, and Circumference is what's going to make me pull the trigger if I can find that out. (It's going to be embarrassing if those measurements are in big bold letters and I didn't see them).

Thanks to whomever can answer...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5210 Posts

Profile of videoman
They’re 12” rings, and yes it does say that in pretty large letters on the second line.
However, I did not see a thickness listed.
skyfire
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of skyfire
Thanks Video Man
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1862 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
A five-ring set? Perhaps good for Ammar's routine, but not Vernon's, which is a six-ring routine.
Carnac
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Carnac
There is a place to order any additional combinations of rings that you may need. 😎👍
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1862 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2020, Carnac wrote:
There is a place to order any additional combinations of rings that you may need.

Good deal.
TCC Magic
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of TCC Magic
TCC Magic
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of TCC Magic
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2020, skyfire wrote:
Not sure if I missed it on the website, but what are the spec's on these Rings. What I saw was kind of vague, by saying they are just the right size, just the right circumference, just the right Diameter. They look really nice, and personally I have some TCC Rings already, and every set I got from them was really nice, and all happy purchases, but right now the Diameter, and Circumference is what's going to make me pull the trigger if I can find that out. (It's going to be embarrassing if those measurements are in big bold letters and I didn't see them).

Thanks to whomever can answer...

Thickness: 1cm (~0.39 inches)
Weight: 0.2kg (~7ounces)
TCC Magic
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of TCC Magic
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2020, Ray Haining wrote:
A five-ring set? Perhaps good for Ammar's routine, but not Vernon's, which is a six-ring routine.

The 5 Ring set is suitable if you perform a routine similar to Pop Haydn (You will have a spare single) Smile.

You can leave us a message on KS if you want to change the combination of the rings (e.g. 5 Ring set -->Key, Single, Chain of 3) then add on another single.
Jonmaddgician
View Profile
New user
Perth, Western Australia
63 Posts

Profile of Jonmaddgician
Being primarily a close-up magician, I was never really interested in linking rings. Until I met Shoot Ogawa once at a magic workshop, & was convinced to pick up a set of Ninja Rings. They are now my daily carry for a gig as they fit nicely in my inside jacket pocket (with an invisible deck in the other inside pocket), even if I don't really use them much. Occasionally I use them for the few stage shows I've started not being able to refuse, & I'm thinking perhaps it's time to upgrade to stage rings for stage appearances...

My question was going to be if the 8 ring set was worth getting, if my routine has mostly been based off the Ninja 4 ring set? I've always appreciated having a spare single ring to switch in for examination, so the 5 set seems like a perfect setup. However, I am also wondering if I should get the 8 set & learn the full routine again from scratch?

Any ring workers opinions please, & cheers!
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
735 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I don't do stage rings, but I have TCC's small set, which I really like. And TCC have really been on a roll lately with quality products at great prices. So I'm sure this won't disappoint!
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
832 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2020, Jonmaddgician wrote:
Being primarily a close-up magician, I was never really interested in linking rings. Until I met Shoot Ogawa once at a magic workshop, & was convinced to pick up a set of Ninja Rings. They are now my daily carry for a gig as they fit nicely in my inside jacket pocket (with an invisible deck in the other inside pocket), even if I don't really use them much. Occasionally I use them for the few stage shows I've started not being able to refuse, & I'm thinking perhaps it's time to upgrade to stage rings for stage appearances...

My question was going to be if the 8 ring set was worth getting, if my routine has mostly been based off the Ninja 4 ring set? I've always appreciated having a spare single ring to switch in for examination, so the 5 set seems like a perfect setup. However, I am also wondering if I should get the 8 set & learn the full routine again from scratch?

Any ring workers opinions please, & cheers!

Do note that the handling of the 'stage' sized rings will be completely different from the close-up rings. So, you'd most likely be learning from scratch IMO. The good thing about the rings is that once you get the basics down, you can come up with your own routine with any type of ring combinations you'd like.

Levent had the most comprehensive DVD set on the linking rings that I know of. check it out too.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3456 Posts

Profile of Julie
Chinese Linking Rings made in China Smile
Carnac
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Carnac
Mmmmmm...... the rings are finished. They are sending them from China soon. Will post a review after I get to play with them.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Here are the specs on this set from the Kickstarter site. The thickness is 1 centimeter which is the equivalent of 25/64, right between a quarter and half and inch:

Material: Stainless steel (Hollow)

Diameter: 30cm (~12 inches)

Inside Diameter: 28cm (~11 inches)

Thickness: 1cm (~0.4 inches)

Weight: 0.2 kg (~7 ounces)
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
785 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
As comparison, my Owen Magic Supreme 12" rings are:

Material: Stainless Steel (Hollow)

Outside Diameter: 30.6 cm (12.04 inches)

Inside Diameter: 28.65 cm (11.28 inches)

Thickness: 95 mm (0.37 inches)

Weight (of a single ring): 0.225 kg (7.9 oz)

The comparison could suggest that the stainless steel wall thickness of Owen Rings might be slightly thicker. Or, the little bit of extra weight might be because the Owen Rings are slightly larger.

All in all, it appears the TCC rings compare nicely to the Owen Rings as far as specifications go. But how do the welds look? I have a set of 12" hollow stainless steel rings from China and the welds are nice, but not as close to perfection as the Owen Rings.

But then, my set from China cost 1/4 the price of the Owen Rings.

Mark
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of Leo H
According to TCC the rings are on their way. Until they arrive on our front porches, the comparisons will have to wait. Ammar was the consultant behind this Kickstarter campaign and he had a lot of input. His name is behind this product which leads me to believe he's on top of quality control.

Mark--is that 95mm correct? One centimeter is ten millimeters.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
785 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Missed a decimal. 9.5 mm thickness on the Owen rings. It’s probably closer to 9.6 or 9.7, I eyeballed it against a ruler.

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Deluxe Linking Rings by Michael Ammar & TCC (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL