The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Deluxe Linking Rings by Michael Ammar & TCC (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
836 Posts

Profile of e-man
Prop : Joe Proper locking Rings
Routine : Chriss Capehart 3 Ring Routine Tannens Stars of Magic
Only my thoughts.Of Course...Perhaps Darren Browns as well. Smile
I love ALL of you
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
33 Posts

Profile of Clemens Ilgner
Hi,

my rings arrived yesterday. They look very beautiful, the weight is good and the sound ok. But the quality of the key ring is definately not ‚deluxe‘.
I doubt that Michael Ammar would be satisfied with the key ring.

Best, Clemens
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
550 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
What, might I ask, was the defect in the key ring?
Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
33 Posts

Profile of Clemens Ilgner
Hi Rhett,


The ends in the opening were only welded with two caps. But there are still small gaps. The crash link is therefore not working optimally.

Best, Clemens
Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
33 Posts

Profile of Clemens Ilgner
Hope you can see it in the picture

Click here to view attached image.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
550 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
That looks VERY unfinished - disappointing for sure.
Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
33 Posts

Profile of Clemens Ilgner
I wrote to Jack Wu from TCC and sent him the same picture. I will give you an update when he responds.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2498 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I haven’t received mine yet but that does not look great.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1219 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2021, Clemens Ilgner wrote:
Hope you can see it in the picture


Yes, this part of the ring that no one will ever see doesn’t look so great.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2498 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Agreed that it’s an unseen part and f the ring. Possible that a step in the end cap could cause some magic bes to be less smooth and perhaps talk when they shouldn’t
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
785 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
For reference... Owen Rings don't have a cap on the ends of the key ring. Rather, the Owen Rings have a plug that is the diameter of the center of the hollow stainless steel. The face of the plug is completely flush with the cut and it is cleanly welded in 3 spots on the face of the end of the cut and then everything is polished. It is very clean and smooth.

Mark
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1219 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
How much do those rings cost Mark?
Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
33 Posts

Profile of Clemens Ilgner
Jack answered me and complained about this. He will talk to bis team an they try to get a new key ring for me. So far so good.
Since they have holidays in China right now I have to wait a little. I will keep you updated.

Have a nice week! Clemens
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2021, Mac_Stone wrote:
How much do those rings cost Mark?


The last linking ring sets Owen sold before going out of business were in the $900 to $1,000 dollar range. You had to purchase the complete eight ring set.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
550 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
Is anybody else as disappointed as I am with the quality of the instructional video? The sound is terrible. Michael’s instruction and the clever idea of covering the rings with different colors is a good idea but it only covers one routine. I would’ve thought it was going to be more comprehensive than that and show some real basic handling of the rings . It’s not that I don’t know how to do the rings of course I do but I thought Michael would show us some more unusual moves and routine possibilities. I have yet to get my rings but I have looked at the video.
Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
33 Posts

Profile of Clemens Ilgner
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2021, rhettbryson wrote:
Is anybody else as disappointed as I am with the quality of the instructional video? The sound is terrible. Michael’s instruction and the clever idea of covering the rings with different colors is a good idea but it only covers one routine. I would’ve thought it was going to be more comprehensive than that and show some real basic handling of the rings . It’s not that I don’t know how to do the rings of course I do but I thought Michael would show us some more unusual moves and routine possibilities. I have yet to get my rings but I have looked at the video.


I agree 100 %!! The quality is really bad.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3492 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2021, Clemens Ilgner wrote:
Jack answered me and complained about this. He will talk to bis team an they try to get a new key ring for me. So far so good.
Since they have holidays in China right now I have to wait a little. I will keep you updated.

Have a nice week! Clemens


Keep us updated if they do replace it as previous faults in their productions have been answered by "you can fix it yourself" rather than replacement.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2498 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I got my rings. I think they’re fine. The end cap is on more cleanly than the one shown above. I think I have seen Owens rings at a convention with a special Owens display. You would not mistake these for Owens rings but if you want large, hollow, noisy rings that don’t break the bank to do Pop Hadyn or Chris Capeharts routine I think you will be satisfied.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
832 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Anyone have a set of Mikame Rings to compare? On first glance, these reminded me of Mikames.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2021, Xcath1 wrote:
I got my rings. I think they’re fine. The end cap is on more cleanly than the one shown above. I think I have seen Owens rings at a convention with a special Owens display. You would not mistake these for Owens rings but if you want large, hollow, noisy rings that don’t break the bank to do Pop Hadyn or Chris Capeharts routine I think you will be satisfied.


Thanks for the mini review Xcath. The option of obtaining a set of 12 inch Owen rings is no longer on the table. At this point, the only way of purchasing a nice 12 inch set is Proline and this TCC set.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Deluxe Linking Rings by Michael Ammar & TCC (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL