The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Taken to the grave (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
Hi there,

I'm really curious to know what magicians have taken their secrets to the grave, never to be revealed and only to be guessed at.
Tim Snyder
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
88 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
You are three posts away from finding out. Smile When you reach 50 posts two new areas of the Café will magically appear: "Lets Make a Deal" -- where you can buy and sell on the forum; and "The Banquet Room" -- which among other things will have a sub-section called "Secret Sessions." On the fourth page of Secret Sessions you will find a thread titled "What effects have the most closely guarded secrets."

My contribution to that thread, which also applies to yours: General Grant's dove dyeing technique
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2695 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I've seen Genreal Grant's doves and they didn't look good. Don't get me wrong Gen is a really nice guy, but I don't think he did the doves any good by coloring them.
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Thanks Tim, I'll look out for that door opening. To be clear, I'm not looking for the secrets nor ones still closely guarded, rather those we will never know because they are lost in time. But maybe that's included in the section you mention.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5105 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2020, Tom G wrote:
I've seen Genreal Grant's doves and they didn't look good. Don't get me wrong Gen is a really nice guy, but I don't think he did the doves any good by coloring them.

Not to turn this topic into a discussion of General Grant, but his doves were probably the most well kept birds in our business. He was very caring and his coloring did absolutely nothing to harm them. For the most part, his coloring secret did go to the grave with him. Not sure if you knew but Gen passed away on July 20, 2019, one month short of his 88th birthday
Where the magic begins
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2695 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Dave, thanks for that, when I saw him, the doves looked awful, but good to know he took care of them. When I saw Victor and Diamond lecture years ago, he mentioned coloring birds was not good, and he really seemed to care about the birds.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5105 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Done incorrectly, the coloring can be hurtful but Gen's method was completely safe. When Gen stopped performing, he stopped coloring and the birds regained their white feathers with no problem.
Where the magic begins
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2695 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Since I somewhat derailed this, I'll get it back on track. Tom Baxter had an effect called A Dianoetic Rage. There's a description of it along with some theories. When he passed, supposedly he gave someone the secret to it. I will say on the few occasions I've been privey to and underground/legendary effect they've been a little disappointing. Mostly legend.
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 18, 2020, Tom G wrote:
Since I somewhat derailed this, I'll get it back on track. Tom Baxter had an effect called A Dianoetic Rage. There's a description of it along with some theories. When he passed, supposedly he gave someone the secret to it. I will say on the few occasions I've been privey to and underground/legendary effect they've been a little disappointing. Mostly legend.

Ooh yes just reading about this effect on another thread. Sounds incredibly strong and now just an unsolved mystery.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Taken to the grave (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL