The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Advice on fixing Frankie (a Halloween Airhead Rudy trick) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Prof. Arcane
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Prof. Arcane
Hi everyone! I have an Airhead Rudy-type illusion featuring Frankenstein. It's great for Halloween shows, but his head has broken off entirely. I think the small wooden flap and spring attached to the main head fell off and disappeared. The part of the spring on the body is still there. I still have the head.

Unlike lots of you, I'm not real handy. Does anyone have any advice? What should I ask for at the hardware store? What's the best way to attach it? Thanks in advance for your help!
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
525 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Take it to your local hardware store (like an ACE Hardware) where they have a more personal staff to help you. The big box stores are not as helpful, I have found. I am assuming you ae in the U.S. The personnel are very helpful and you can explain what you need.
Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida
879 Posts

Profile of Russo
If you lived with in 20 minutes of Walt Disney World - I'd look at it and try to advise( is it like a "Forgetful Freddy", old Tannens Cat.)-( I have masks L-O-L). My simple laptop won't up-or-down load. Just read and send word & can see a picture is shown, to study - e/mail <> russo70248@yahoo.com <> Ralph ROUSSEAU (russo)
scenic effects
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin - USA
73 Posts

Profile of scenic effects
If it's a Forgetful Frankie - that is a Mike Bent item, you can contact him directly and I am positive he would be very helpful.
Prof. Arcane
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Prof. Arcane
It is a Forgetful Freddy. I'll follow up on the advice. Thank you!
Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida
879 Posts

Profile of Russo
??? get a complete new 'spring hinge', remove all old hardware, hinge/spring, etc?, fill in old screw holes' Let dry good - set head and body -and replace together - with new 'spring hinge'-- of course, that's how I would repair my "Freddy" - if it's the same? - ?? can a picture of front and back be shown? Hope it helps ?? RALPH
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Advice on fixing Frankie (a Halloween Airhead Rudy trick) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL