The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Impossible Ringmagic by Garrett Thomas. FOOL US. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Https://youtu.be/x_Lm7cvA4Vw

Wow, looks like real magic, sure.
How did he do that?
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
495 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
I've seen Garrett do this in person and it elicited one of the most memorable spectator reactions I've ever seen. Good stuff.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
321 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
I saw this on the show the other day and it was great but I was surprised he didn't incorporate his "ring thing" (his signature move) into the routine. What he did was incredible, I have no idea.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Very nice!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Yes, it looked very good.

Yet, Penn did not explicitly ask about a switch

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
alexK
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of alexK
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2020, John Long wrote:
Yes, it looked very good.

Yet, Penn did not explicitly ask about a switch

John

I think they have not seen a switch and therefore they didn't ask. Garetts version is just too clean.

Banded looks really good, I have to put it on my wishlist for later.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Some YouTuber called Garrett out as a liar and then had Garrett and Mike Close on his podcast after they reached out to him. Mike Close explained exactly what happens behind the scenes and why Garrett actually fooled Penn & Teller.

I would imagine that it would be fairly impossible to fool them with a marketed (and popular) effect but by the same token, Penn & Teller probably don’t t buy a lot of retail magic so it is possible they never ran across “Banded” before. I was actually hoping he would have tossed in some newer stuff from his more recent effect “Opus” during the routine. Overall it was a great (and very skilled) performance.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
unfunny
View Profile
New user
Toronto
11 Posts

Profile of unfunny
I bought this after watching on Penn and Teller. I’m still working to perfect the handling. The included ring is made by Roy Kueppers. It’s nice, but I would’ve preferred that the ring was not as smooth. A little more texture would help with the handling. The part I’m having the most difficulty is the final finger. Perhaps I’m too clumsy. It is a great trick, and I’m anxious to perfect it. One note for if you are going to purchase. They suggest buying a size up from your normal rings. I would say, you’ll be good with one that fits regularly on your largest finger.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2020, unfunny wrote:
I bought this after watching on Penn and Teller. I’m still working to perfect the handling. The included ring is made by Roy Kueppers. It’s nice, but I would’ve preferred that the ring was not as smooth. A little more texture would help with the handling. The part I’m having the most difficulty is the final finger. Perhaps I’m too clumsy. It is a great trick, and I’m anxious to perfect it. One note for if you are going to purchase. They suggest buying a size up from your normal rings. I would say, you’ll be good with one that fits regularly on your largest finger.

Isn't the Thumb the largest finger on the human hand?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Poof-Daddy, Penn has said before on the show, that Teller reads every magic book on the market. So he must have a giant Library of books. Penn also mentioned to a contestant that they thought it was a bad idea to use a magic trick that the magician has marketed. Hinting that they also follow tricks that have been sold on the magic market. From these comments, I assume that Teller does purchase and collect books, he also collects marketed magic tricks. Penn has mentioned that Teller is brains behind creating their acts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Impossible Ringmagic by Garrett Thomas. FOOL US. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL