The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » David Regal's Prophecy Pack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
I was just going through one of my many boxes of magic that I have not looked at yet and came across this effect.
After thoroughly reading the instructions and studying the pack I must say I am impressed and this is definitely in my opinion an excellent well thought out effect.I was mainly interested in someone else's review or any comments they could add.I also believe David Regal is on this forum from time to time and would be interested if he could give me a list of his tricks and books. I recently acquired his Deja Vu deck and am impressed with his way of thinking.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
steve proescher
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia Beach
147 Posts

Profile of steve proescher
Rennie: Check out DavidRegal.com He may list the effects. A search of any decent dealer web site should reveal most or all of his stuff.

Try introducing the Prophecy Pack with his Sudden Deck, a great way to produce a deck.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Steve,
Great idea, I appreciate the info.Do you have the Prophecy Pack and if so do you have a different presentation ?
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
steve proescher
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia Beach
147 Posts

Profile of steve proescher
No, I don't have anything to add. I saw David perform this at our Ring's one day convention. Haven't tried to add anything to it. Seems great just the way it is. IF you come up with anything, let me know. Thanks
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
How difficult is David Regal's Prophecy Pack to perform, in terms of the kinds of sleights and moves required?

And is there any connection between this and his routine "Card At Any Number" as found in his book Approaching Magic (p.203)?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2018, EndersGame wrote:
How difficult is David Regal's Prophecy Pack to perform, in terms of the kinds of sleights and moves required?

And is there any connection between this and his routine "Card At Any Number" as found in his book Approaching Magic (p.203)?

I've used one for about 2 decades now. It's a great utility deck. Now you have to be aware that it can only be used for one effect: forcing one particular card. Each pack forces just one card. Once you know how it works you can make up decks of your own to force any particular card you need.

It handles like a regular pack. You can shuffle it, spread it, cut it, etc. The audience will remember they saw the pack as being normal and that they shuffled and cut it as well.

Trust me, it's a great pack to own because you'll figure out many ways of using it if you have to force a card.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2018, EndersGame wrote:

Late comer to this thread. I've had the prophecy pack on my "list to get" for awhile. Finally picked one up for my birthday while on sale. Glad I finally got it!

Once you have one you can easily make others.

No sleights required and the handling for the various situations is clearly explained. It's a real fooler.

Here is a video of his performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykvhbARrwOM

Phil
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
I have always kept 5 Prophecy Packs ready to go in my gig bag. This way, I do not have to do any resets (and there are different outcomes). When someone seems unimpressed with my card magic, I reach into my gig bag with the deck of cards in my hand and come out with the deck of cards and an ESP deck. Of course, in that motion, I have switched the regular deck for the privacy pack. I do an ESP affect and then, I end with the prophecy pack. I cannot tell you how many of the most skeptical spectators have said, "now that's good! The other advantage of this effect, is that it is easy to make up these decks.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
By the way, this effect is explained in Premise Power & Participation Vol. 2. You can pick it up a penguin for $17.50. I believe that it is also explained in David's book
Constant Fooling.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » David Regal's Prophecy Pack (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL