The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Trojan Horse Project by Manos, Murray, Rasp (121 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2020, Manos Kartsakis wrote:
Hey magicmind. Good to know it's not just me. I mean we are alright, right? This is normal...

Yes, we’re normal. I’m sure nothing more can possibly be written on the subject that doesn’t build on the ones we own. Haha Smile
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2714 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2020, 252life wrote:
Ok so I finally have an in depth review. My apologies if this is getting to far into the weeds but here goes..

This is absolutely fantastic.

Wow! My fingers hurt from all that typing. Thank you for your consideration of my opinion.

My goodness. Please try to realise we are busy people, 252life. I'm sure you mean well, but who is going to read all that?!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Phedon is right about it being much more than it appears and this translates in the reactions I'm getting.

My absolutely favorite is the Guess Work routune... but I've completely eliminated the "let's start over again" part (I call it "Full Shuffle" and it's already in the group).

I also prefer to use Manos idea of "just think the answer" because it turns the 3 reveals into 5 reveals. Imo this makes electronics obsolete for this kind of effect. I'm performing it everywhere, even the phone... loving it!!!
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of celebrity
There are some great ideas on the group already and I have more to share very soon too. The support that everyone has shown has been nothing short of amazing!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
A better read than hustler, even has pictures!!
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Just got this , wow! Just wow.... thanks you three
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Just to let everyone know that the book is like a pre-study for what is going on in the Facebook group.

Last night someone uploaded their version which combined another principle with the one developed by Manos, and it's now my preferred version.
If you buy the book, ensure you get into the group!
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Waiting approval, can’t wait
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Roblane, you are in Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
A huge thank you to Ning Cai for the lovely review...........

https://ningthing.com/review-the-trojan-......7lMsbnE4
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
Wow!I am truly humbled by Ning's review and the overall response from the community. Also as many have pointed out make sure you join the Facebook group. I did mention in the book that this is a concept of which we are just scratching the tip of the iceberg but I didn't expect so many good ideas to float around in the group so soon. Smile
See you there.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2020, Max Hazy wrote:
Yes Rasp, there are no logic puzzles required in Trojan.

Manos himself says in the book (page 27 to be precise) that the method is part logic puzzle, "The logic puzzle is disguised as part of a presentation that a lot of mentalists use anyway". Please don't mislead.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I am looking forward to reading this.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Doric, you are indeed correct!!!

I hold myself 100% responsible for such a mistake so I apologize and will amend the write up instantly.

That said, I am NOT 100% to blame. The reason for this is simple, what Manos has created has pushed things so far ahead of any logic puzzle ever created that any notion of logic puzzle is so unrecognisable that I didn’t even think there was any logic to it. In fact, I had to look up the definition of logic puzzle to confirm this either way.

Secondly my routine ’Chain Reaction’ uses no logic at all and that is the primary routine that Ian helped me with so maybe he was thinking of that routine, or perhaps he didn’t consult a dictionary definition to catch the technicality too (just as everyone else did which can only be a positive thing after all we are only here to impress our audience members/participants).

In short, if you don’t like logic puzzles you will LOVE this, if you do, you will STILL LOVE this as there are multiple handlings to suit both preferences!!!

On a serious note, Doric, if you feel that you have been deceived and don’t find any value in the product I will refund your purchase without question, customer satisfaction is our guarantee!

Best Wishes Michael

252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I just looked up Class in the dictionary and Michaels picture was there.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2714 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
X2
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
If this is anyone's fault it's probably mine. I did write in the book what Doric mentioned but I don't think I have ever called it that in my conversations with Michael or anyone else.
I guess I wrote it like that when I was writing up my thoughts because it might fit the definition of a logic puzzle but it definitely doesn't feel like that.
Traditionally, people have seen logic puzzles as statements where it's required to play a role (liar/truth teller) or answer complicated questions like "If I were to ask the other person what would he say?" etc.
This is none of this. The participant plays no roles and it's as simple as asking "Is your name Michael?" to which the participant THINKS in their head Yes/No without giving an answer out loud.
There is zero chance the participant will experience this as a logic puzzle or be confused. In fact, a lot of mentalists ask questions like that as part of their presentations after they have acquired a piece of information from a peek (Think in your mind, is this person a man or a woman) etc. In addition, as Michael has mentioned, this technique is not even used in his routines, only in mine but at the same time it can be applied in anything else in the book or in routines you are already performing that contain logic puzzles and make them much simpler as it eliminates the liar/truth teller plot.
Now after all this, I get what you are saying Doric, maybe I should have been more careful on how I phrase things so I apologize if I wasn't. However, I wouldn't use the word "mislead" so lightly as this implies intend and I can assure you that none of us involved in this project has any intend to do that.
I mean Michael and I have been offering demonstrations of the routines for the last 5-6 days to anyone who is interested in seeing it. It can get more fair than that. Smile
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
To be clear, I wasn't accusing Michael or Manos of misleading. It was Rasp and Max Hazy who stated no logic puzzles were required.

Appreciate your input Michael and Manos.
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2020, Doric wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2020, Max Hazy wrote:
Yes Rasp, there are no logic puzzles required in Trojan.

Manos himself says in the book (page 27 to be precise) that the method is part logic puzzle, "The logic puzzle is disguised as part of a presentation that a lot of mentalists use anyway". Please don't mislead.

Doric,

You're talking about an aspect of a single technique. There are several techniques in the book that has nothing to do with logic puzzle. Even that part you mention requires no real time solving on the part of the performer or participant, making it very subjective if it can be considered a "logic puzzle". IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO SOLVE... THEN THERE'S NO PUZZLE! And even if you were to consider it, there are several other techniques with no logic aspect whatsoever. Michael and Manos posts goes into more details. I didn't want to go into details to not spoil anything.

I stand by what I said that logic puzzle isn't a requirement in this project and to prove that, you just have to check the opposite statement. If I said that logic puzzle is a requirement to perform it, now THAT would be misleading wouldn't it?
Millard Longman

Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2020, Doric wrote:
To be clear, I wasn't accusing Michael or Manos of misleading. It was Rasp and Max Hazy who stated no logic puzzles were required.

Appreciate your input Michael and Manos.

They're probably answering because it is stated in the original ads that logic puzzle isn't required. And it's true. It's not.
Millard Longman

Jan Forster

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Trojan Horse Project by Manos, Murray, Rasp (121 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL