The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Scammer Alert! (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
Hi All,

I want to warn you about a new appearance by an old scammer. He appeared as Michael De Santis on Facebook. He is from Italy. He is selling a number of illusions. I negotiated to purchase a Flying Box and a Scimitar Suspension. He wanted me to pay by bank draft but I would only pay by PayPal. He insisted I use Friend and Family so he wouldn't have to pay a fee. I sent payment. I should have been very suspicious when the name on the PayPal account was different. HE then said he miscalculated the postage and I needed to send more money. It wans't much, so I did. Now suddenly, he needs a lot more money for additional postage and customs fees. HE had sent me pictures of the package and video of him at the Post OFfice. This seemed really fishy so I looked him up right here on The Café. Yes, it is none other than Gaetano Di Stefano. He's pulled this crap beofre and took others for even more. I knew it had to be him when he tried to sell me the Spontus 360 levitation that he ripped Michael Bairefoot off for. This scumbag changes his name and tries the same scams. Beware of anyone selling illusions online at bargain prices, especially if they are from Italy
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
BTW, he had to change his Facebook identity to DeSantis Michaal. I guess they found out about his scams too.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Thanks for the warning , Marc. Sorry you got ripped off by this guy.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Some people are just SCUM!
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
If I ever see him I gonna kick his a--.
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
324 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Up do date info on him and all his accounts as much as possible here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1796566883990655

Pls post there any info you have on him

Thanks
Alex
johnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
13419 fitzhugh road austin tx 78736
109 Posts

Profile of johnmagic
Sorry to say he did the same thing to me took me for a couple of grand
johnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
13419 fitzhugh road austin tx 78736
109 Posts

Profile of johnmagic
Positive update my credit card company reimburse me all the money that he scammed me for if it’s too good to be true it probably is it
MT
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of MT
Same thing happened to me but a different name
jccooper
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of jccooper
Good on you for insisting on PayPal. You should be able to get all the charges reversed.

Never do wire transfers unless you 100% trust the other party. They are non-reversible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Scammer Alert! (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL