The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist Site » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (167 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
142 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2020, brandon90 wrote:

I don't care what the outcome is at this point - I just want the tutorial for Flite lol

I'm perfectly with you and keep my fingers crossed for us E customers who were unable to download the instructions to their latest purchases.
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
142 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Another 15 minutes until the announcement
Another hour until relaunch (apparently)

http://ellusionist.com/password
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2020, Michael.Kegel wrote:

I'm perfectly with you and keep my fingers crossed for us E customers who were unable to download the instructions to their latest purchases.

This is why I take the time to record streaming videos. 15 years ago, Penguin included several free Sankey bonuses if you bought a few of his products. When Jay decided to move another direction, those streaming/downloadable bonuses were removed. I remember the controversy it caused, and I have always tried to have the downloadable file or record the streaming video. Servers break, link break, companies go out of business, etc. I want to ensure that I have the instructions to refer to years later for a routine, etc.
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
142 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2020, The Mysterious One wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2020, Michael.Kegel wrote:

This is why I take the time to record streaming videos. 15 years ago, Penguin included several free Sankey bonuses if you bought a few of his products. When Jay decided to move another direction, those streaming/downloadable bonuses were removed. I remember the controversy it caused, and I have always tried to have the downloadable file or record the streaming video. Servers break, link break, companies go out of business, etc. I want to ensure that I have the instructions to refer to years later for a routine, etc.

I wish E allowed us to, but they put up several streaming-only instructional videos, as mentioned before in this thread.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Michael, I sent you a PM. This won't help you with this, but it may help avoid this issue in the future.
LeahG
View Profile
New user
Bracknell
18 Posts

Profile of LeahG
Premiere pushed back by another hour
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
142 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
Michael, I sent you a PM. This won't help you with this, but it may help avoid this issue in the future.

Many thanks ...

The video was scheduled for seven minutes ago, then in 13 minutes, now it's another 53 minutes to go ... what the ..??
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Ellusionist really trying to push away any customers they have left.

LOL
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Michael,

Your account does not accept "non-reply" PMs.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Not gonna' lie tho - if this is in fact a new product release - Im really curious what that maybe for them to risk whatever is left of the reputation they might have.

But Im pulling more toward a merger at this point...
Sincere_Weevil
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Sincere_Weevil
All this fuss, 7 pages of people annoyed at losing access to what they paid for and only 300 people waiting for the video. Geraint must be SO annoyed his stunt has bombed. Delayed an hour to try and get some more people to show up. What a fail.
Sincere_Weevil
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Quote:
Not gonna' lie tho - if this is in fact a new product release - Im really curious what that maybe for them to risk whatever is left of the reputation they might have.

No merger. No new release. Just them going all in on MagicStream.
Teddy Meagher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Teddy Meagher
They delayed the announcement again, another 45 mins
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Quote:

Even for a merger, it is mismanaged. This is not how companies handle mergers. Imagine if Sprint and T-mobile did a merger this way. Sprint cuts off access to your smartphone data and voice connection, sends a random "Dear John" letter about being his business and thank you, and make you wonder how you are going to be able to/if you are going to be able to use the services and products that you already paid for.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
Quote:

Even for a merger, it is mismanaged. This is not how companies handle mergers. Imagine if Sprint and T-mobile did a merger this way. Sprint cuts off access to your smartphone data and voice connection, sends a random "Dear John" letter about being his business and thank you, and make you wonder how you are going to be able to/if you are going to be able to use the services and products that you already paid for.

Im not saying I agree with this approach....

Im actually just as upset as everyone else.
Sincere_Weevil
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Seems they're waiting to get 500 in the room waiting for the YT video to drop: https://twitter.com/rellusionist
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2020, Sincere_Weevil wrote:
Seems they're waiting to get 500 in the room waiting for the YT video to drop: https://twitter.com/rellusionist

Is that a joke?

He can't be serious....
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im not saying I agree with this approach....

Im actually just as upset as everyone else.

Brandon, I have seen your posts here at the Café for a long time. I know you are passionate about the art of magic. It is obvious that you don't agree with this approach. I can tell that you are peeved, and rightfully so. Nothing is worse than purchasing an effect to find out the advertised instructions were not included or so inept, no one could follow it.

If we took a poll (in honor of it being Election Day Eve) on this issue, the favorability rating if this whole scenario would be:

Approval Ratings of How Ellusionist Handle This Whole Scenario:
P*ss Poor - 100%
Great - 0%
Good - 0%
Average - 0%

Also, I have seen numerous comments of people in this thread saying they are done with E. Not good for Ellusionist if they plan to keep their doors open.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Their attempts to spin the situation is causing the delay...Smile
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Excuse me but what is MagicStream?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist Site » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (167 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL